Loch Raven Trail

Loch Raven Trail is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Glen Arm, Maryland that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great trail, didn't think it was moderate though, on the easier side. Very friendly people. Lots of families with small children down by the water.

Beautiful trail, great wildlife, and very friendly people.

very nice

Amazing trail!

I've hiked around the reservoir many times. I've done hikes as short as an hour and as Iong as 5 hours. My favorite starting spot is off dulaney valley just before the bridge over the reservoir. From here you can take the service road on the left which leads down to the reservoir after about a mile. From there you can hike another 5 miles or so, weaving your way along the water. You'll see fisherman, turtles, lots of vegetation and not very many people.

I had some trouble finding the trail path. I parked along the side of Dulaney Valley Road and then walked up a hill along a large path. This was on the left side of the road if you are heading north. I hiked along there for about 1.5 hours total, plus walked down to the reservoir. I do not know where the large path led but it didn't have views of the reservoir, I think it was a service road. I saw about 6 other people there. I will return again to do a longer hike and print out maps beforehand.

Many miles of trails around the reservoir, for hiking, biking and horses. Water views. You can go as long or as short as you want. Lots of side trails, and they connect with Cromwell Valley Park trails. Good hiking. Good phone and GPS signal.