Loch Raven Trail

Loch Raven Trail is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Glen Arm, MD that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great trail, didn't think it was moderate though, on the easier side. Very friendly people. Lots of families with small children down by the water.

Beautiful trail, great wildlife, and very friendly people.

very nice

Amazing trail!

I've hiked around the reservoir many times. I've done hikes as short as an hour and as Iong as 5 hours. My favorite starting spot is off dulaney valley just before the bridge over the reservoir. From here you can take the service road on the left which leads down to the reservoir after about a mile. From there you can hike another 5 miles or so, weaving your way along the water. You'll see fisherman, turtles, lots of vegetation and not very many people.

I had some trouble finding the trail path. I parked along the side of Dulaney Valley Road and then walked up a hill along a large path. This was on the left side of the road if you are heading north. I hiked along there for about 1.5 hours total, plus walked down to the reservoir. I do not know where the large path led but it didn't have views of the reservoir, I think it was a service road. I saw about 6 other people there. I will return again to do a longer hike and print out maps beforehand.

Many miles of trails around the reservoir, for hiking, biking and horses. Water views. You can go as long or as short as you want. Lots of side trails, and they connect with Cromwell Valley Park trails. Good hiking. Good phone and GPS signal.

Great Views on a leisure trail. There are a lot of rabbit trails around to explore. I think this is what they mean by 6.5 miles. trail is a mountain bike trail in truth. It's easy to find 5+ miles of trail without doubling up. A ton of wildlife around every time I go, especially deer. I prefer picking up one of the trails that drops down and follows the shore line and eventually circle back up to the loop. My Dog can't get enough of it. the Elev gain's depend on where you choose to go. I haven't mapped it but I'd be surprised if there's actually a 1000 ft gain from the water to the top of the hills in the area. a few parking spots located at the corner of Dulaney Valley Rd / Providence Rd right at the trail head. I've seen 1 Black snake so you might want to consider boots.

Its not a very long trail and its very light more like a walk through the woods and some areas of the reservoir. I don't know where the 6.5 mile was from as the detail. My dog loved the walk.

This trail is nowhere near 6.5 miles (more like 2mi), and it's nowhere near moderate difficulty. It's more like a nice woodsy trail to have a stroll with your dog. That's about it.