Liberty Reservoir: Liberty West-Morgan Runs Trails

Liberty Reservoir: Liberty West-Morgan Runs Trails is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Reisterstown, Maryland that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice walk. Red fox, deer, lots of beaver signs. I am fussy, too near civilization!

Great hike with friends today. Did the West Morgan Loop which measured about 7.4 miles (slightly longer than advertised in the "60 Trails within 60 Miles" book. Lots of hills made it a great workout. Helpful to frequently check the Trails App to make sure of turns. Got feet wet at the Little Morgan Run crossing which added to the fun.

The beginning there were lots of falling down trees but after that it was a fun trail

Nice trail I had the pleasure of seeing two deer nice
A little hot but all an all great day in the woods

Super convenient location and great trail. Definitely NOT an easy trail because there's lots of climbing and descending that will test your endurance and drive!

Not a technical trail so it's great for everybody, but be ready to be pushed physically. Great views too!

Pretty but full of trash from those who had been fishing.

The footing was very rough and the ground was soggy despite the fact that it hadn't rained for days. It was so buggy that I was running into flies and bees constantly. I definitely wouldn't recommend running here. The views were kind of nice, but not worth it.

Simple, clear, scenic hike. The trail ways really wide so it was easy to follow the trail. There were some walkways off the main trail that led to the water. Perfect place to set up our ENO hammock and look out into the water! Good place for jogging and riding a bike for sure.

I've only been here twice, both on weekdays. I like that it is quiet and not at all crowded. I imagine it picks up on the weekends, though. I do like the wide trail, it's easy to follow and there are some nice views of the woods and the water. I think there is a smaller trail, which I tried following but then lost it. My low rating is because of all the old rusted piping and trash that litters the trails, especially the smaller one. Sad that people treat what could be a scenic and pleasant trek this way. It's because of all the trash that I find this trail less enjoyable than others. I'll still come here because it close to where I live.