EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Avalon Loop Trail

Avalon Loop Trail is a 20.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Baltimore, MD that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

This loop covers the majority of the Avalon area, with multiple ruins, waterfalls and other artifacts to find along the way. You will see some settler homes (two of them) one with a dated gas pump 1930s era as well as two old possible outhouses that are probably state park buildings (old ones). This hike also features the Cascade falls area where you can view some of the best falls in the state! The falls are in a valley area and very secluded. A side hike loop is added for length, and adds some more ruins for some old piping fixtures and a barrel. Going over the swinging bridge we find the ruins of the "superlative" company along the railroad tracks. More artifacts along the side of the road, as well as railroad bridges, tunnels, and aqueducts.

39 minutes ago

Hello There,
This is Milky Anderson from Bowie, Maryland came here to aware you a Hotmail customer care toll-free number 800-611-2573. Dial and get instant solutions for your Hotmail interruptions. You can also visit my website for more info http://www.customercarenumber.us/hotmail-customer-care-usa.html

Nice view. The route is clear. Just follow the marks painted on the trees.

Trail was good and we will go again. Lots of roots and stones within the paths. No road noise on most of the paths we took. Sad that previous patrons have desecrated the trees by carving graffiti. There was broken glass in places.

Really enjoyed the hike but with this being. My 1st trip I found the signage not very directive. I thought I was going on Avalon Trail but when I arrived at the entrance point it said Morning "something" trail. Very confusing!! But overall it was a great hike but would have never been able to get out of the trail without this app!

Very awesome trail. Highly recommend.

It's great the only thing is NO TRASH CANS!!! You allow dogs but you don't have trash cans for the doggie bags to be disposed and that's inconvenient. That'll be the only thing I would change. Other than that it was great. Hard enough to make it fun but easy enough to enjoy and relax.

Easy but challenging for someone out of shape as myself. Lots a huge hills to climb up. Love this entire park.

Very nice trails. Interesting terrain for the area - I tend to like rocky trails.

I didn't care for it. The steep trek in wasn't worth the hike to me. However my son likes the railroad tracks and took great shots of the tunnel. Eh. We may go again. The people we met on the trail were all very nice.

I gave this 5 stars because this covers alot of trails and I've done all these at one time or another and have to agree with others reviews that there is a bit of graffiety and trash witch I feel it could be better maintained but aside from this you can still see alot of great scenery and take lots of different trails of many different skill levels I tend to like a bit of everything when I hike so this works out. I recommend the Grist Mills Trail if you want something to just take a nice walk and see some nice scenery it's paved so it's good for any skill level.