Green Ash Trail

Green Ash Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Frederick, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

I had my fur baby with me. We both did well. The trail is pretty rocky and especially at the beginning where it's also mostly uphill and intense. We split off on the black trail a bit to see the statue and the stone over look which Diesel appreciated since he enjoyed cooling his belly on the cold rock in the areas where the stone was shaded. The last part was mostly down hill. The only real complaint I have is, because of the trail being so rocky I spent the majority of the hike looking down at my feet and the trail to make sure I had good footing so I wouldn't trip. When I hike, I enjoy looking around at the view as I walk and take in being in my element. But maybe someone who has more experience on rocky trails wouldn't have that issue as much. Overall an enjoyable hike. It would be a good hike for kids with a little experience. It would be intense for them tho but doable.

How are the leaves looking now? Thanks!

Nice trail although the loose rocks definitely make it a bit of a challenge on the down slope.

Not overly complicated a bit of a challenge for a beginner

Great tough up hill climbs with moderate walks in between so you get worked, but not too tough. Very scenic. Stops through the visitor center & look out.

great trail, forward and back. do people actually ride bikes on this beast? there's a bit of loose rock that can be slippery for the less sure footed, but all in all this is a solid trail to burn some energy on.

Great moderate trail. Quite an incline and half rocky. It was a great workout.

It wasnt terribly busy and offered a mix level of terrain. It had a variety of special view points from a beautiful cliff to some very interesting rock formations.

Moderate trail - well marked - nice family trail - you will enjoy this hike!