Broad Creek Park

Broad Creek Park is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Annapolis, MD that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Well marked trail. Unimproved trails and lots of hills. One stream to ford.

Mildly challenging hike with beautiful views. Very nice trail with orange diamond blazes to guide you thru the woods. Some spots needed more markers or better placed markers....but overall well maintained and marked.

I liked the trail a lot.. The entrance to the trail is kind of hidden, I had a little hard time finding it but once you are on it you go behind the library and the Dept of Health. The trail has two hills that winded me but the rest is fairly level ground. You get to see a lake or a body of water in the distance.. and a lot of it is walking by a stream/creek. The trail has the major loop and a smaller loop that you can break off the big one to go to the High School and back to add more miles.. When I did mine.. I ended up doing the trail once and then doing it a second time adding the high school to it.. ended up being 5 miles. The markers for the highschool trail, however, are not very visible, whether on fallen trees or behind a tree and can get off track a bit.. But if you are recording on the app it helps a lot and you can see if you are on or off the trail.. other than small things.. I loved the trail! It was definitely moderate trafficed ..Only ran into 1 person on the trail like 5 times lol.. will definitely go again!

A great hike tucked away right in Annapolis! The fall colors are incredible right now. And there's even a few hills unlike other nearby trails. :) Very enjoyable.

Nice trail close to Annapolis. I've added photos of trail heads behind the Board of Education (between parking signs) and between the Library HQ and the Parks Dept building (near radio tower).

This was very annoying to find. No clearly defined trail head. Couldn't find an entrance at all near the library.
We went to Annapolis HS and found a sign about the park and trails but no indication from there of where the trail starts. We found our way to an entrance and went into the woods but the trails had forks every few feet. After a 10 minute walk we came out of the woods 50' from where we went in. We left.

There is no marked trailhead at this location. I entered at what looked like a maintenance shed for the powerlines. This trail is a decently well maintained single person width. If you are the first one through this trail you will most definitely catch more than a few spiders in your face!

Nice hike. In many parts well marked. A portion of the hike was hard to follow due to lack of blazes.

nice trail. once found. and we missed the outbound look and only did half the walk. lovely day for it

First time on trail. Very enjoyable.

A nice short hike. Trail was well marked with orange diamonds. However, initially finding the trail was a little difficult. I would recommend starting behind the library building or health building. Those are easy places to pick up the trail. Some nice views at the bottom near the water. Great for a quick outing.

The trail was hard to find but beautiful once we were on it. Very quiet, few other hikers, one biker with his dog. We saw a bald eagle while we were out there. Some paths marked better than others but if you get "lost" there is are some beautiful views.

Surprisingly fun trail near annapolis. Hiked it to see where it went. Close to Swim center so intend use it as a trail run following a swim. Appreciated that it was not at all crowded. You can also add a mile onto it by following the trail around Annapolis High.