Sugarloaf Mountain Trail

Sugarloaf Mountain Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dickerson, MD that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Blue Trail Loop is a 5.5 mile loop trail located near Dickerson, Maryland that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing & walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun little hike. Great for kids. Lots of overlooks and places to stop. Tons of people on the trails the day after Thanksgiving!

had a great time hiking here with my two dogs

Very nice walk. Went on Sunday Oct 30th. Best time for foliage. Recommended to get there by10:30 to get parking, although it's not totally impossible. Orange trail was a steep rocky bit for about 10 minutes. Otherwise, blue, red, green and white trails were all nice walks with not much change in elevation. Dogs and small kids can do these. Nice view from the top.

Accessible mountain with relatively easy hike and good views. Nothing spectacular but worth the trip if you have the time.

Great view on a clear day

I went on a Tuesday, so I can't speak to weekend crowds. It was a wonderful, peaceful walk in the woods.

I parked at the East parking lot, which immediately put me on the Orange trail, which I found to be very challenging. I then made my way to the red and blue trails, where I made the full loop. I found the signage to be pretty poor and a bit confusing. When I walked through the parking lot at the bottom of the green trail, I saw they had trail maps, which would have helped me navigate (not in the East parking lot). I missed a trail and had to go back down the very steep Orange trail, which I didn't like and my dog hated. The leaves have started falling, so I was worried about slipping and even on my butt was pretty worried about safety.

If doing this hike again, I would not park in the East lot to circumvent having to go down the Orange trail. I started my tracking app late, and it recorded 7+ miles.

The green trail is very steep as well, but stone stairs, with a parking lot at the bottom, so I'd try to park here if doing this hike again.

A beautiful place to hike that will
Give you a serious workout and breathtaking views! I loved it! :)

This place is so beautiful. If you're looking for a nice, calm, but challenging hike I definitely suggest Sugarloaf. The views are amazing.

Took the Mt. Ephraim Rd entrance to the blue trail. Got to the parking lot and took the green trail to the summit. Absolutely gorgeous summit. Plenty of views.

Pretty decent, the orange trail was very steep and a little challenging. Got to the top very quickly. It's always good to go early to take good pictures. After noon, a lot of people start showing up and it's much harder to get enjoy the scenery.

Started from East View parking lot, took the Orange Trail up to the summit, took the Green Trail down to West View parking, then took the Blue&White, completed a 6.5 mile loop back to East View in 2.5 hours. Because it rained a lot previous night, the Orange Trail was washed out in a few places. Had to scramble at a few spots. But that made that section (1/4 mile) particularly fun.

Couldn't ask for a better hidden gem!!! Great place for views and taking your dogs!