Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail

Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail is a 27.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Glen Burnie, MD that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

scenic driving

I wish we had biked the trail instead of following by car on the highway. But maybe it would have been just as busy.

scenic driving

We drove it. Glad we did not bike it. From what I saw the actual trail was way too exposed and it was all too urban.

I love this trail!!

Paved trail with some moderate grades, runs along residential and business areas which are sources of road noise. Shade is scarce so it can get warm. Prefer to park at the Marley Station Mall where you can easily access the trail. On a given weekend there was a moderate amount of traffic on the trail.

Well maintained paved 'commuting' trail. We used easy access from parking lot of Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. The terrain involves some moderate grades; there is also little tree cover so it can get hot so pack water and wear the sunblock. The trail crosses and parallels some major roadways so you have to deal with traffic noise. Found it fairly busy on a weekend. Ok for a workout and convenient, if you live in the area...but not if your looking for nature or a tranquil ride.

Pleasant and well maintained.

My go to trail for my road bike.

Bike, hike, dog walk, jog, pull up bars, coffee shop, bike shop! I use it all the time for many various workouts, it is a great safe trail.

Biked this a number of times. It can get pretty busy on nice days so be careful if you are biking or stay to the right if you are walking or running.

Excellent trail for biking.

Nice paved path. Good family friendly route nearby plenty of housing developments, so nice for locals to hit a non-vehicle-ridden location for a run, walk, or bike ride. Bikes are supposed to keep it at 15 mph or less so not ideal for race training. Usually not over crowded.

I enjoyed it very safe and pleasant ride ! Nice view while riding your bike , running or walking .

Today was my first time riding in months. Today was also my first time on this trail. I was amazing. Its very well shaded. Moderate hills just enough to keep the heart rate going and keep thosr legs moving. Like I said I haven't rode in months and we were able to do 22 miles. I will definitely do it again. I felt safe the whole time and the ranger was on the trail. I will recommend

So far, this is my favorite rail trail. Parked at the Marley Station Mall (at JC Penney), and hopped right on the trail and rode south all the way to Annapolis. Trail ends approximately 3-4 miles before Annapolis, but is not hard to find your way there. Trail itself was very pretty along the way and very well maintained. Riding in Annapolis was a little hairy as the roads are very narrow, so mostly rode on the sidewalks. Stopped on the way back for some frozen yogurt, which was right on the trail next to the bike shop. Total mileage round trip approximately 28 miles. Next time will ride north and include the trail around BWI airport. Great trail!!!

Great bike trail!