Annapolis Rocks Trail

Annapolis Rocks Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boonsboro, Maryland that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

I went last weekend, the trail was a little icy but not too bad, and there was hardly anyone on it so it was great. The view was incredible!

Gorgeous view at the top. Nice hike up the trail! So happy to hike some more of the AT!

This was an easy hike, easier than I imagined. Don't be discouraged by the sound of the highway, you won't hear it around 15 minutes into the hike.

It was pretty cold when we went there. The rocks were lightly covered with snow which looked lovely in pictures.

There is suppose to be a spring nearby. We followed the trail but it lead to a pipe with some water flowing out of it. It was odd.

Questionable ??
I hike the Patapsco Valley State Park once a week but (NOT SURE) if I can handle this. I am a Handicap Senior and the first mile to this trek looks like rough terrain and hard incline. Bones and Metal hurt in the winter so I am thinking of giving at a go this spring. Any photos or thought of the first Incline would help. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Pretty easy hike, starts out uphill then is pretty flat for a couple of miles to annapolis rocks. Great view from the rocks, and even better from black rocks which is about a mile further. Rt 70 noise is present the entire trek. Not what I look for when wanting to get lost in the woods for a few hours.

Starts out as moderately strenous and then turns into a nice stroll culminating at some awesome rock formations and overlooks.

Good hike,uphill to begin with then flattens out. Lots of people on a nice day. Great views at the end.

Loved the view. I went about a mile further down the trail and got a view from another vista so total it was about 7 miles out and back... I think the second vista is called Black Rock

I LOVE THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL. This is a great Maryland section. The view at Annapolis Rocks is wonderful. :)