Tumbledown Mountain Trail

Tumbledown Mountain Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Weld, ME that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are two parking lots next to each trail head. Coming from Weld you will run into the Brook Trail parking lot on your left with the trail head on your right. About 1.2 miles down you will run into the parking lot for Loop Trail.

Awesome hike with the kids. Took the Loop Trail up through Fat Man's Misery. The views from the summit were amazing. We visited Tumbledown Pond then followed the Brook Trail back down. Overall distance was about 6.5 miles and took about 4.5 hrs to complete.

Awesome Hike Challenging For Me But Fun

Great moderate challenging hike up the loop trail and easy hike down the brook trail. Views from the summit were amazing. Great hike...highly recommended!

hiked this many times. loop trail and brook. 1 of my favorite hikes to do

Such a great time when I did this two years ago, can't wait to go Monday!!!!

I did the loop trail > Parker ridge trail > broke trail which follows a similar but longer route shape to what's pictured above. That map above will take you to LOOP TRAIL which gets advanced eventually - one of the most challenging rock scrambles (and fun) I've ever done. PLEASE BE CAREFUL there is a VERY TERRITORIAL HAWK near where the broke trail and the ridge trail meet. It dived bombed my head and I basically had to fight it with a stick!

Great hike. Moderately hard but perfect for a day hike. Lake at the top is pretty cool.

Lots of climbing - the kids loved it. More vertical than expected. Lake was beautiful and a great place for a packed picnic.

Beautiful hike! I had a dog with me so we did the brook trailhead. Plenty of brooks and pond at the top for her to cool off in! Continued on to the peak then turned around and took brook back down. Challenging for new hikers but not hard! Very fun and enjoyable, incredible views the whole time. WARNING: BRING BUG SPRAY!! My one complaint :/ the bugs were almost unbearable head in back down.

Hiked the loop trail today. Great trail, well marked, don't attempt if you are not In shape. The chimney is so neat and the views are incredible.

I hiked this with my boyfriend today, it was strenuous and that's exactly what we were liking for. We had to tool around on the ice in the chimney, but we made through and I even went swimming. The water was nice and refreshing, but too cold for my boyfriend to set foot in.

I hiked Tumbledown's Loop Trail on April 29th and the Chimney was still iced over. There was only one metal ring that was breaking through the ice at that point.

For being an extreme beginner, the trail was strenuous but not impossible.

Worth it, and can't wait to get up there again!

We hike Tumbledown every year. We took Brook Trail on 4/20/16 - great hiking! However, other hikers told us Loop Trail is iced over and they had to turn around. The Chimney is blocked by iced.

Great hike with beautiful views at the top! Well worth it! We chose the Brook trail and it was a great choice especially for having a dog!

Harder than I thought. But loved it!!! Two random dogs guided our way up and down. Check out our YouTube video. http://youtu.be/a4R39ippfjw

great hike, good views. Enjoyed the lake at the top. Happy there was still trees to give some cover throughout the night. Fantastic.

Great trails. Absolutely zero reception, so I didn't have access to my map anymore, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!