Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newry, ME that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

This trail offers a spectacular view of the grafton notch mountains. The fall colors were just amazing. My boyfriend and I hiked this trail in fall. There are two paths to the summit which divides initially at the beginning. We took the one to the left which is a gradual ascend. The other path on the right is a quicker path to reach the summit which offers a straight ascend with lot of rock climbing and is a bit tougher.

At the fork, taking a right is the difficult trail, recommend this trail if an experienced hiker! Taking a left at the fork is the more moderate hike! Less rocky. Great view at the top! I recommend the left, more easy trail for dogs! And don't recommend this in the spring if you are not experienced. Lots of ice!

Great hike! The orange trail was very steep, but it was also a good workout! Took the blue/white trail down to get different views and it was awesome! Autumn colors are amazing here!

Excellent hike up the orange trail with an exceptional view from atop. Well worth the hike.

Love this short hike as it packs a lot of exercise and views in a very short timeframe. We will pop over to do it after work as sunset is beautiful. As others have stated, southern route is difficult because it is short and steep, with some bouldering. Recently included friends who hike (but less than we do) and was teasingly told that next time, they would confirm whether we were climbing or hiking. But, we always bring our dogs (including an 18 yo and a puppy), who are also experienced hikers, and they have no trouble. One winter day 2014/2015 I hiked it by myself and the last pitch which sheds a lot of water on granite had thawed and refrozen so it was too icy for my micro-spikes (needed full-on crampon) so had to turn back. But usually micro-spikes are adequate. If you travel only on northern route, fine for our older relatives and small children as easy pleasant hike with good boardwalks and trail maintenance where it's wet. Nice wildflower so in spring too!

I took Ben Ericson's advice and took the southern trail to ascend. It was incredible! A definite muscle leg/bun burner. Don't be afraid to use your hands! Reaching the top was very rewarding. The descend on the northern part of the trail was nice and easy. I am looking forward to return in the fall when the leaves start changing. Great challenging hike. I don't recommend bringing dogs or youngsters for the full loop. Take the northern trail and return that way if you do. I came across a woman with her dog on the southern trail and they had to turn around. Enjoy and happy hiking!

A great short hike. Love the challenge on the way up. love the ease coming down. Wicked views!

This trail has the perfect ratio of challenge to reward. It is one of the single most physically intense trails to ascend but has one of the single best views I've ever witnessed. I absolutely recommend ascending on the steeper southern part of the trail and descending with the Appalachian Trail on the northern section. Bring some food, lots of water, and make sure your children and dogs are under control... or leave them at home and enjoy this hike with other like-minded adults!

Difficult, extremely steep trail with an absolutely amazing view from the top. At the top is a straight drop down, so use extreme caution.

I did the orange trail 2 years ago. I don't remember how long it took? I went up the face and came down the back.

A difficult climb but fun!

Beautiful hike. There are two trails you can take, the one to the left is the easier steady climb, marked with a blue marker. The trail to the right which is marked with an orange marker is much harder. You will be walking up steps most of the way but there is some Boulder climbing, it practically goes straight up, so don't slip or it's a long hard fall down, more suited for advanced hikers.

Awesome! will do again for sure!

This was a great way to get perspective of the notch without an actual summit. Taking the path that goes right offers some steep climbing, but an easy decent when completing the loop.

Great hike! I've done this trail several times but today was the first winter trek. Windy and cold but worth it. Love that view.