Speckled Mountain Trail

Speckled Mountain Trail is a 8.2 mile loop trail located near Lovell, ME that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fun hike..beautiful views on the blueberry maintain trail..only one really challenging section coming down blueberry but otherwise moderate with reasonable uphill climbing

Parts were a little too rugged for my taste, but still enjoyable. Unfortunately the day I hiked, storms came in so I did not reach the summit, not wanting to risk lightning.

A great hike if you are looking for something that doesn't take all day. With amazing panoramic views!

Took the Speckled Mt trail to the top. Great trail but no views until the summit, once there it is breath taking! As you defend down there will be the BlueBerry Mt trail to the left, take it! The trail is awesome. You hike all along the ridge and keep coming out to phenomenal 360* overlooks. It is just perfect. you will get to a section that is very steep and rocky and drops you right into Bickford slides. There's very little trail markings, you follow the Cairins. Very highly recommend this hike. Took us about 5 hrs and we move at a decent pace but nothing crazy.

Awesome hike! We hiked up the Blueberry Ridge trail, took a side trip on the Loop Trail just beyond the cutoff for the Cairn Trail, & hiked down the Bickford Brook trail. The hike took about 5 hours 15 minutes including rests along the way. We hike 8.6 miles total. Will most definitely hike it again! The views are breathtaking!

Great trail. Good amount of uphill at the beginning, but then you walk along the ridgeline for a good deal of the rest of the hike. Waterfall trail had some beautiful spots for a quick dip and a bite to eat, but the trail was really poorly marked, so we got lost and had to go back the way we came. That said, the rest of the trails are well marked with cairns, so it's only the small waterfall trail that had any issues. Snow still present in spots at the top of the mountain (mid-May), and lots of fresh moose dung.

I will elaborate to help others. My boyfriend and I did this trail in full. Started by going up Blueberry Ridge Trail (steep), did the lookout add on at the top, went over to Speckled summit and went down Bickford Brook Trail, did the Waterfall trail too. Will say that the waterfall trail is NOT well marked, but worth the views. We got lost for 10mins since the trail connect back was nowhere to be found. In total it took us 4.5-5hrs total. Has parking and bathrooms. Small parking fee so bring cash.

Great hike! Full trail not for beginners.

I hiked this in 1995 if I remember correctly. Was a nice hike. The pillars at the top are a cool feature.

I hiked Speckled Mt. in early October, beautiful day with temps in the 90's. I started off from the Evergreen Valley Inn and took the link trail to cold brook trail. The first mile was easy going on a tote road, not steep at all. Once on the Cold Brook trail the path climbed for about a mile and then broke out onto big open ledges with great views of Kezar lake and points south. From this point on to the summit the hiking is mostly on open ledge with occasional trips thru the trees. All the open hiking the last mile makes this my preferred route for speckled. Met lots (14) of folks at the summit but only one on the ascent. The Canada jays were happy to eat right out of my hand when I had lunch at the top.

Hiked this with my 4 year old. He hiked it in it's entirety. This is a fantastic hike even if it's not a big mountain. The views are incredible, well maintained trail, diverse forests & wildlife. Highly recommended hike.