Sebago to the Sea

Sebago to the Sea is a 28 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Standish, ME that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

28.0 miles Point to Point

Visit http://www.sebagotothesea.org/index.html for more information

Started from MDT at what I assume is near mile marker 17 and ran down the STS trail to mile marker 13. It was just the run I was looking for! No cars to worry about, beautifully maintained, just enough people to let you know you're not alone. I was going to just walk it, maybe a few miles and turn back. I didn't expect to like it enough to go 8miles! It is paved, except the MDT, but the way I went it was downhill out and uphill back, which saved my knees for sure. I'll do this one again for sure! Maybe work up to doing the whole thing!

I've walked this trail many times - never all the way in one session though. Today we walked from South Windham back towards Sebago - the snow is basically all gone and aside from a few muddy spots off the paved trail, it's in really good shape. Lots of warblers, chickadees and phoebe's singing away and not that many people on the trail. My son biked while the dog and I hiked along. Very relaxing!