Schoodic Head Trail

Schoodic Head Trail is a 0.6 mile point-to-point trail located near Winter Harbor, ME and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

0.6 miles 33 feet Point to Point

Directions from Bar Harbor, ME: Fifty miles east of Bar Harbor, travel US 1 east to SR 186 south to Winter Harbor. Follow signs for Schoodic Point. Trailhead is located just prior to Blueberry Hill parking lot.

I did a loop and went up Anvil, over and down Schoodic Head Trail, and back to the start via the Alder Trail (a totally flat path - I jogged it). I did the 2.65 loop with my dog in about 75 minutes. The trail is very lush and green with tons of moss and pines. At times I felt like I was in a fantasy movie set. There are some nice views but the trail itself is more of the main draw for me. It was quite slippery in parts and the full loop was challenging enough to be a great but fairly quick workout. Highly recommended

Nice moderate hike with a lot of beautiful shady areas as well as views of Schoodic Point. We went up by way of he anvil trail and down the east trail.

My wife and I did this trail as part of a loop up and over. This was not a bad trail if anything it was rather interesting on the way it wound to the top. It says it is .07 to top but seemed longer. Steps of stone and logs with many roots thrown in for good measure. Views were nice but somewhat limited...darn trees do grow!