Sabattus Mountain Trail

Sabattus Mountain Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lovell, ME that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

From US 302, take Route 5 North to Center Lovell. Take a right onto Sabattus Mountain Road. Head down this road a bit, then take a right onto a dirt Sabattus Trail road. The parking lot and trailhead will be down the road a bit on the right, marked with a big brown hiker sign.

nice little trail with great views. Good one for kids.

Great view for minimal effort! Perfect for small kids.

One of the easier ones ..I enjoyed this hike it was very nice

still the best views with the least amount of effort around...the top is s great place to sit, have lunch and enjoy the view. we do this one annually without fail!

Nice little hike. Gets a little challenging at a few parts but just take your time you'll be fine. The view is worth it.

Solid hike. Great views.

This was a very nice trail, easy for kids to go along. And the view at the top is great, and there is a couple of benches at the top to sit down and relax.

Nice easy trail

Did this 4/30. Great veiws!

Short
Some elevation initially
Great views

Great views for a short, well marked trail. Kids of all ages participated today and did great!

Easy hike to the summit and back, I recommend taking the trail to the right, the left one is not clear and we got off track going that way. I love the benches and the views are amazing.

A wonderful loop on a warm winters day. No snow yet, but it would make a great snowshoe. The summit ledges are picturesque. And what a perfect chunk of Quartz on the east end of the summit ridge! I've never seen that big!

The views are amazing. I love the benches up top.

We did have our 3 yr old daughter with us and we started to the left. Recommendation: start to the right if you have small children. It's more direct. And The left has a lot more roots and rocks they can trip on. The right is a bit cleaner. The views were worth it!

Great hike. My wife and I hiked up with our 15 month old twins on our backs and our 4 year old hiked up on her own. Trail is not marked at all. But is so well traveled you can't miss it. One of the best views for a small hike.

Great Trail for all ages and abilities. Only about 30-45 minutes to get to the summit and a gorgeous view