Ridge Trail

Ridge Trail is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Freeport, ME that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing.

A very nice hike.

For the most part this is an easy hike, for those who hike. I took a non experienced hiker with me, and he had a bit of difficulty with it.

There are some steeper inclines and the path is not packed earth. Expect tree roots, muddy patches, some narrow trails, and having to follow a trail marker.

The trail markers were well done in all places, except for one place near the day camp. With that said, it was marked within a minute of us walking on the path we thought was correct.

I highly suggest taking the extra time to do the mill stream trail that is located by the day camp. It is a beautiful hike with a lovely stone dam at the end.

I just started snowshoeing this winter and found it perfect for a beginner.

Short, quick, good for beginning hikers. Went with a 9 and 11 year old and they found it too short. Steep at places, but would be good for younger children.