Rattlesnake Mountain

Raymond, Maine
Rattlesnake Mountain is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Raymond, ME that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy hike, close to Portland An easy hike from the parking lot to the best view - about 1/2 mile. The view looks over Panther lake and towards Raymond. Could be slippery in the winter as the viewing ledge has a slope to it. I found this a disappointing hike as there is no view from the summit which is an additional 1/2 mile from the best view. This is a good hike for small children as it is short and there is a good view within a 1/2 mile from the parking lot. As you can see from the map there is one spot where it is a little steep. There is a nicely placed Geocache on this hike which you can read about at: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8818a032-7ed1-4823-81f8-9c121fa91a5a

Easy hike, good views!

Nice easy hike and views from the top.

easy fun walk. ..

Great trail to hike. May not be best suited for young kids, I took my 4 year old up it, but I had to carry her down the steep part of the trail because she kept slipping. Really only one good view at the top, but it is pleasant.

Hiked countless times with the boy scouts , camp hinds is right down the road making a great day trip to rattlesnake

One of my favorites because you can bring beginners along with you and be up and down within an hour but you'll end up staying for two!

Very easy, quick hike. Great for kids.

Good little hike to do with the kids. Pretty woods and a great view at the outlook, with a rock outcropping to stop and have a snack with the kiddos on.

I love this area hike. Today accessed the mountain from Rt. 121, Hancock Lumber owned property/snowmobile trail. Logging operation going on. This approaches the mountain from the southwest side. There is a marker off the main trail to direct you to the climb. Following trip back down continued north to Nubble Pond, a great spot in all seasons. Took a slight detour on return trip to circumnavigate the logging.

Wonderful for little hikers.

My lake house is in Raymond, ME. The highlight to our Fall/Springs are hiking up this mountain. It is great for the whole family and the views from the top are AMAZING. We have brought our dog on the hike as well. (She loves it more than we do I feel) The best foliage I've seen at the top is always in October hiking up this mountain.