Mount Pisgah Fire Trail

Mount Pisgah Fire Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Winthrop, ME that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

60' fire tower at top

Great for a quick hike to get your body moving. Two trail options plus the fire road, I like the variety!

Nice, gradual climb to the top with a decent view of the lakes and valleys.

Went up Mt Pisquah Blueberry trail......harder but and awesome hike

A great hike! Only problem was, we hiked on a windy day and no one was willing to use the Fire Tower. There isn't a view at the summit unless you use the fire tower, so be sure to hike on a calmer day. You also have options - you can take the tower trail, straight up and down from the tower; the road; or the longer (1.4mi) blueberry trail which features wild highbush blueberries the conservation trust is attempting to grow.

geocaching

Great view from up in the fire tower. Nice hike, dog friendly. Geocaches

1. If you are a new hiker, this is a more moderate trail. It's an incline, gentle. Lots of rocks & roots so you have to attend to the trail at all times. In areas the trail is very narrow; unless your dog is command oriented, not a good dog hike. I did take my dog, off leash, because I went very early am but if there is high traffic, best to leave Fido at home.

2. Need good sturdy hiking shoes w tread or walking shoes. Trail is well marked & easy to follow. Work is being done but it did not interfere with the hike. Cell phone did have reception but I bring a compass & let my family know where I was hiking. I think this trail may be better in the fall months as in July it was buggy & humid. The wood road was steep & rocky on the way down.

Hiked with kids age 4 , 9 and 11 they all loved it !

Very easy, enjoyable hike. Terrain was rocky and rooty with wooden bridges for when the trail is wet, but it was very dry this time of year. We didn't climb the fire tower, but others told us the view was amazingly clear.

Nice easy hike!

Great hike. Blueberry up, Tower trail down. Clear skies and was able to see surrounding lakes and Mt. Washington off in the distance from the fire tower.

Really good short hike. The fire tower on top made a good view.

A great hike with beautiful views from the fire tower at the top. I've gone with my dog at all times of the year. It's great solo or with kids and family.

Good fall hike

Nice short hike. We took the road up which was far more steep than the trail would have been. We took the trail back down. Gorgeous views from the top of the Fire Tower. Easy to get to. Small but sufficient parking lot with Conservation signing that explains the trails and wildlife.

Nice short trail. Tower trail was definitely shorter and easier than Blueberry trail, but loved them both. Tower at top gives you 360 degree views...not too bad. Good hike for kids and older people that don't hike much. Anyone could do this hike.