Gorge Path Trail

Gorge Path Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, ME that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

Gorge path.....what a nice hike. Had done it 20 years ago and did it again this fall. Nice hike, less crowdy.
The mix of going up Cadillac by Gorge and going down by The North ridge trail. Allows you to enjoy the view on the way down which is easier to watch; and enjoying the forest on the way up. Especially clever during the hot summer days

We came over the Dorr Summit and down these rock steps and back up them to Cadillac Summit. I would recommend good shoes with Vibram rubber if it's wet out. Be careful as some of he rock is slabby and slippery.

Wanted to hike Cadillac North up but missed the parking (just a little pull off for a few cars). Went around the bend and stopped at the gorge trail head. Hiked Gorge up and Cadillac North down. Between the two, we loved Gorge and thought North was OK. We saw far fewer people on this trail.

My wife and I are beginner hikers in our late 20s and we were able to manage Gorge. There are a lot of steps towards the end but for the most part very well maintained and defined route.

It's a fun hike. I really enjoyed its descend and ascend. I strongly recommend good hiking shoes.

Some of the most fun hiking I've had in a while! I went up Cadillac mountain and down Gorge trail. Be careful about time - the sun sets early in the gorge, and at the top of the trail the markers can be hard to find at times. Otherwise, enjoy!!

September 8, 2013: My fourth trip up the Gorge Path and on up to the summit of Cadillac and then down the Caddillac north ridge to the loop road. The Park Service has altered the beginning of the trail with steps descending from the trail head along side the loop road and going off into the woods for a ways before turning back to the stream coming from the gorge. A beautiful late summer afternoon. Saw close to a dozen trout in a couple of pools about 1/3 of the way up the gorge - awesome!

August 20 hiked up Cadillac north ridge with my 11 yr old son , it was hot and we were feeling the heat . I asked a ranger what was the best way down to stay cool . He told us the gorge path had water falls and a place to get wet and sure enough it did . My son loved it and the views were awesome

Did this after coming off of Cadillac Summit. It was raining so it was very slick and considering you are climbing over rocks most the time it was dangerous. I rolled my ankle pretty bad on it. On the other hand if it had been dry it would have been a lot of fun.

Have hiked the Gorge Path 3 times...one of my favorite trails. Last time was September 2, 2012, and it started raining half way up the gorge. Continued on up the Dorr Mountain Trail at the top. Beautiful views despite the weather. Wrote the below Haiku in tribute to the trail:

Haiku 103010-02
Rock, stones, boulders, sand
Water, trickling downward
Hiking the Gorge Path

Wonderful hike up through the Gorge. So many choices of combo hikes at end of trail Dorr to your left or Cadillac to your right or go straight on Murray. What I love about Acadia hiking are all the loops and combo hikes you can do!

Can't say enough good things about this trail. A must do.

One of the BEST trails you will do, also I feel one of the more challenging. This trail sits between Dorr & Cadillac MT's and you will not be disappointed. It goes from the forest ground to the amazing summit views (see the photo I posted, that is standing on the edge but not yet at the very top). Below I found this cool YouTube video on the Gorge Path enjoy!