Fuller Farm Trails

Fuller Farm Trails is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Scarborough, ME that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail system meanders through the fields and woods of an old homestead, provides excellent bird watching, and includes access to the Nonsuch River and a scenic waterfall. Fuller Farm is an exceptional site for bird watching, walking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing. Follow the trail a short distance to reach the wooded area that abuts the Nonesuch River and features several loop trail options. The waterfall trail parallels a scenic brook and leads to a waterfall with picnic table. Fuller Farm was acquired by Scarborough Land Trust in 2000 and is a former homestead that included woodlands and fields used for haying and pastureland. The property includes 3,500 feet of frontage on the Nonesuch River, which flows into the Scarborough Marsh. The 70 acres of fields are hayed on an annual basis to provide nesting habitat for birds. Please stay out of the fields between April and August to protect the hay crop and nesting birds.

love this trail, there are several different loops you can take, the outer most of which connects to the ATV trails. I run it and you can squeeze four or so miles out of it without taking the same trail twice. also the description says dogs leashed, it's mostly leash, except during bird nesting season in the summer, when dogs must be leashed in the fields.

I had a great time checking out all of the trails they had to offer. it's a great quick little loop with a few side trails that are great to take the dog along. highly recommended.

geocaching

Most amazeball geocaching outing so far! Can't tell you why tho......

A nice little trail with some options. The loop we did was 2.5 miles. We did it a Sunday afternoon and saw no one else on the trails when we were in the woods (dog walkers in the hayfield portion.) To avoid the hayfield area (which I do not think is very fun) we followed Broadturn Road to the Bird Trail and then followed that to the Maine Trail which was fun with quite a few sections where you were walking on planks to not impact the wet ground. At the intersection with the Brook Trail we decided to go that way and I am glad we did! A little bit of terrain was nice after a ton of flat.
Unfortunately, the waterfall had no water in it. Will have to try in the spring! We then finished the loop by taking the Overlook Trail (not much to overlook but a hayfield) back to the Bird Trail and back to the car.

Love fuller farm ahh it's my fav

Very open trails, well marked but kind of confusing? Every time we turned I felt like the trail name was changing BUT this was our first time so more to learn for sure. Dogs can be off leash if under voice control so my 1.5 year old pup LOVED it. (Especially the little stream)

the first half of the Maine trail is pretty much flat, which made for a very beautiful and relaxing walk. The waterfall and brook are virtually empty right now, with only brief areas of standing water. Love that this is so close to home, very popular area for mountain bikers.

great hiking! has everything, beautiful scenery, a little river to bask in, easy trails. Was hiking for 3 hours and didn't find a single tick, there a few horse fly's but not enough to be bothersome. Waterfall is currently dried up but I'd love to go back when it's flowing. My favorite hiking trail so far.

Thank you Scarborough Land Trust. Beautiful setting -- perfect for a decent hike if you zigzag around all the trails. Woods, fields, river (with not much water), waterfall (also sans water this time of year), hills, bridges, wild flowers and butterflies. It's all good.

Nice series of trails. The bird trail was lovely, but it is not one to take if you have balance issues, as most of it is walking on top of cut log walkways that are put into muddy spots.

Be aware that the bridge trail technically ends at the bridge. it becomes an ATV trail after that, and has a very steep hill. Sadly my partner and I didn't realize this until we had to backtrack.

The waterfall is a must!

Great walk for kids!

Great series of trails. All well traveled and marked. The waterfall is a must if you are in the area.