Douglas Mountain Loop Trail

Douglas Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sebago, ME that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Old stone tower at summit, view of Sebago Lake. First 4/10ths of a mile is on paved road (almost 1/2 of hike is on pavement). It is steep. You have to park down in a side parking lot. This is an easy hike due to short length but a moderate hike due to slope. Can be very slippery when wet or icy.

First hike up here with the family tribe... up the orange trail to the stone tower, then down opposite side following the yellow trail. Beautiful views of Sebago lake and distant surrounding mountains.

If you want more time in the woods and to extend it out, can easily double back down the orange trail.

Not bad

Just want to let people know that dogs are not allowed on this trail. The Maine trail site and the Town of Sebago site both show it as no pets.

I took my great niece and nephew here for one of their first hikes. They loved it. The trail is somewhat steep, which made us all sweat during the hike up, but it's short enough that it was just the right distance for small kids. They really enjoyed the stone tower at the top where we could see for miles and miles, looking at all of the surrounding lakes and mountains. We took the ledges trail on the way down; it's short and easy with a few steep spots.

My family has a lake house on Sebago that we frequent in the summers. I found this trail and we took the the dogs after breakfast on a not so great beach day. It was a perfect activity to get up and move for about an hour! And awesome view from the top of the stone tower at the summit! Also, it started to rain just as we started on the trail but we did not get wet at all because there was a full canopy the whole way to the top!

The trail was somewhat boring, but the view over lake Sebago was beautiful.

Gradual incline for the first mile with a steep incline for about 1/2 mile to the top. Great spot at the stone tower for views and pics!

Great view from the top. A little buggy at times. So make sure to pack bug spray! It is definitely a nice, quick hike.

Awesome View From The Top

Nice trail, trail markers were a little confusing at times, but still made it to the top. Cool tower at the summit to get a better view.

This little hike is a good conditioning hike with a nice view at the top. We took the Eagle Scout trail to the left all the way around and took the longest routes available. Ended up about 3+ miles according to wife's bracelet thing. If you go left first you get a good uphill workout too. It was easy to find according to directions on alltrails navigation too. Nice parking area which was pretty full both before and after our hike. Bugs were not bad really, bit bring bug dope just in case. There were maps available at the trail shack and you just follow whatever color trails marked on trees.

Nice trail with a good workout. Great view from the top. Ran into a porcupine when we got there!

Did the 1.8 mile loop carrying my 1yr old in my arms and with my 4 yr old in tow. It was really buggy along the Eagle Scout trail. Yellow trail markers are pink and poorly placed, which was confusing. Bugs actually ended up being a net positive because they motivated my son to keep his little legs moving. This was his first 1000 footer under his own power and was very pleased to be at the top of the stone tower. He went up three times and wouldn't leave the summit. Mt. Washington can be seen if you look to the left of the open view.

Very nice hike! Good for the beginner hiker with a few steep areas. The view is so gorgeous from the top!!! I definitely recommend this hike.