Canon Brook Trail

Canon Brook Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wow. We hiked down this yesterday after it rained night before and it trickled on us. There were sections of slippery slabby rock about 10-20 feet long where your footing better be solid or you're gonna take a ride that won't end up well. If it's at all wet do not bring kids under age of 14. As a parent of young kids (5,5,8) this is not my first choice. If you're an adventurer and experienced hiker, it's awesome. I ended up slipping in my brand new Vasque boots with Vibram bottoms and landed on my back. Luckily I had my Nalgene bottle in my pack as that's what was between my back and the rock. Rest of the trail was slippery roots, puddles and normal trail towards bottom. We finished this hike at dusk and saw some frogs and a deer towards the road as we emerged.

Great way to hike up and peak two mountains at once this beautiful trail leads you to the split between Dorr and Cadillac mountains. I did the trail in the summer so wasn't much water, it is steep in parts, be careful!

A large section of the trail is washed out where it is steep. Other than that its a good connector to get up Cadillac Mtn. Be warned, it was reported in the news recently that a hiker took a 60' fall down the brook and had to be rescued.

Best done in summer when the water is just a trickle. Slippery in places with water coming down the ledge trail!