Burnt Meadow Mountain Trail

Burnt Meadow Mountain Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brownfield, ME that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Blue trail starts at the very right most point of the grassy parking area directly off the road. The trail head sign is just inside the tree line - about 100 ft from the road. The Blue Trail named "North Peak Trail" will split and you have a choice of the "Blue Trail" or the "Yellow Trail (Twin Brooks Trail)". The Blue Trail is the most direct to the summit and most agressive climbing through woods trails and up rock faces. The Yellow Trail is longer and more gradual assecent to the top. Going up the Blue Trail and down the Yellow Trail will give you an easier decent. The Blue Trail can take about 3 hours round trip while going up the Blue Trail and down the Yellow Trail can take about 4 hours. The Yellow Trail has a nice spring and brooks along the trail.

Just had my second experience on this trail. Vistas are amazing and don't miss the delicious wild blueberries that cover the summit. This goes out to Tess and anyone else having trouble finding the trail head. Head south on 160 into Brownfield. 160 takes are hard left at the Brownfield Community Church. Stay on 160 south and right after you pass Burnt Meadow Pond on your left look for a small dirt parking lot on the right. You will see the map and blue trail to the right of the parking lot entrance. Enjoy!

great hike with my 7 and 12 year old daughters. our dog had no problems z she lived blazing her own trail most of the time! Blue up was a good challenge.

Definitely a good challenging hike if you go the full loop! Blue up and training to left for yellow down. Keep your eyes peeled for the yellow markers as some have worn off. Some steep doable rock climbs on the way up the blue trail. Bring plenty of water.

Great views !! Clearly marked. Good mixture of hard and easy paths!

Good day hike. Little buggy of course but pretty much everywhere is right now in early June. Trail gets a little confusing close to the top with an arrow that points in the wrong direction but someone stacked some rocks up so when in doubt, follow the rocks.

This is definitely a challenging hike. So worth it though, the views were amazing. We did the shorter trail on the way up and the longer trail on the way down.

Buggy! May fly mayhem. Did the blue both way - hour up was a great work out. Hand over foot rock face. Definitely glad I had hiking boots.

Great hike! More challenging than expected but the views were amazing! Some straight up rock climbing at the top. The yellow trail down is great since it isn't as steep but it is significantly longer than the blue trail. My Fitbit said we did 6 miles. Definitely bring bug spray!

Great trail. Did it this past weekend - good views from the top given the low elevation and mostly easy trail. Remember the bug spray - it's April in Maine.

Great hike!!! Took the blue trail up, rocky bear top but amazing views!!! Took yellow back.. Much longer but easier for the way back!

A fun hike - challenging for my girls (6 and 11), especially as a first hike of the season, but as we neared the top on the blue trail, my older daughter was excited by climbing on the rock face took off and we could hear her up ahead hollering about the view. The hike included a good number of spots with great views, especially on the blue trail. We returned by the yellow trail, which was a bit easier walking, but was a bit less scenic and noticeably longer. The estimate of 4 hours for going up the blue and returning by the yellow trail was pretty accurate.

Great hike! Very scenic, only saw 2 other people while I was there. My dog came with me and lead the way. Took the north trail (blue trail) to the summit then could not figure out how to take the twin trail (yellow) down. I followed yellow markers down for a few trees then the trail disappeared and I couldn't find anymore yellow. Tried to find a different way for almost and hour then gave up and turned around and went the way I came. Knees are sore but it was an enjoyable day!

Nice trail. Very challenging near the top.

Definitely a lot harder than we expected but we loved it nonetheless, incredible 360 views at the top. Burnt Meadow Pond is a great place to swim afterwards!

Extremely easy for the experienced hiker, but a good workout. I'm betting it would be a good winter hike, and you could probably snowshoe up the yellow trail.

Good hike! My 3month old puppy enjoyed himself!

Excellent hike with varied terrain and lots of secluded views. Completed this hike with my 6 year old daughter via the North Peak trail (ascent and descent). I wouldn't recommend this route for most her age. My daughter's a bit more experienced than most her age. With the different trails and varied terrain you can repeat this hike many times and not see the same things.

Tess...too bad, it actually has a decent sized parking lot (8-10 cars) & is pretty clearly marked & even has a "trail parking ahead" sign on both sides of Rt 160....which is Spring St...punch in 459 Spring St, and that will be right across the road from the parking lot. I hope you give it another shot, its a really nice hike.

Took blue trail up, took me about an hour & 15 minutes since i took breaks. I would say difficulty was moderate+, but thats just my opinion. Near the summit you do a rocky scramble, but not too tough. I found the ascent to be a good workout, with several nice views from the "false summits". Summit is large & mostly open. The Twin Brook Trail "yellow trail" down is long, windy through woods and nothing really special.... But shortly after you start it you get a great view of the White Mountains. You could also just go back down the blue trail, might be a bit steep but I had 2 parties pass me going down while I was going up.

About 1/2 way down the yellow trail is the fork option to go to Stone Mountain ( did not due to time of day). Overall a very nice hike, very good challenge for beginners.