Blue Hill Trail

Blue Hill Trail is a moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Hill, ME that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

635 feet Out & Back

Length and duration of trip varies, as there are many different trails to hike on including an access trail. Small man made footbridges and rock "staircase" occur during hike. People of all ages can hike Blue Hill Mountain and have fun doing it. Watchtower is no longer on mountain.

Awesome hike! Beautiful views!!!

Had the best day! This was my first hike of the season and the first time on this trail. The trail is well maintained and clearly marked. I met quite a few others all enjoying the trail today, including a small four-legged hiker.

Wear good footwear. The trail has a combination of tree roots and rock steps. All totally doable. Breathtaking vista at the summit. A must see!

And if the young lady who lost her baby's socks read this, I did find them and tucked them into the sign-in box at the head of the trail.

After you cross the field, take the trail to the left... more challenging and well maintained. Excellant views from the top are toward Blue Hill and beyond to Bar Harbor mountains. As you descend, bare left on the trail for a comfortable return.

It was a nice little trail. Some spots were a bit challenging but nothing too excruciating. My fiancé and I really enjoyed the fact that they have maps located in different areas so you know how close you get getting to the summit. Once at the top, you get a beautiful view of the ocean and mountains.

This is the closest "hike" near where I live. It's pretty and challenging but not too challenging as there are walking paths as well...if needed.

I enjoyed this hike with my husband. It was sunny and in the 80s the day we went. While it was a workout in certain spots, we made it up and back down in about 1 hr 20 mins. The view from the summit was stunning! I highly recommend this hike.

Perfect for families with kids. My 3 year old made it up no problem (with a helping hand here and there).

I hike Blue Hill Mountain every year and so does my little sister who started at the age of 5. There are various trails and beautiful scenery. I would reccomend this hike to anyone just trying to get a feel for hiking and people who want to go on a nice little hike.