Beech Mountain Loop Trail

Beech Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Desert, ME that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

Nice end of day hike. Great views. The shorter more steep route to the left was the better way to start.

Must do1

Fun hike, steep but quite enjoyable, even on a cloudy day

This was a great hike! We stumbled across it on accident, just driving around, and we were so glad we did! Breath taking views at the top and not a very difficult hike.

Beautiful views, some fairly steep sections but this is a great hike for just about anyone! There is a fire tower at the top that you can climb up. The day we weren't there was a park ranger at the top answering visitors questions. Highly recommend this trail if you're in the area!

Nice family hike with spectacular views. Our boys 4 and 5 loved the fire tower at the summit!

So unbelievably easy! Easy enough where I could run most of the way up with a 5-10 minute run down. Amazing views of Acadia and the firetower is a must!

Hike to the fire tower is an annual event. Great view of long pond. Easy climb

This was a lovely mild climb with great views throughout the hike. The trail gets quite buggy though, so I highly recommend bringing bug spray. I traveled with a group birding along the trail and saw lovely bursts of color; from golden-crowned kinglets, to blackburnian warblers, to the blue-headed vireo. Black-throated green warblers were singing along the entirety of the trail.

On our last day on MDI we decided to check out this hike since it is short. We weren't disappointed, the views of Long Pond, Echo Lake, Bass Harbor, SW Harbor and surrounding mountains were awesome.

This is a great trail if you want lots of reward for relatively little work! We stopped along the trail and chatted with a ranger so, unfortunately, by the time we got to the top the fog had rolled in. It's definitely on our list to do again this summer!

My wife and I hiked this trail today to the fire tower loop and enjoyed it. My wife doesn't hike a lot but she found it easy going. The views from the top were really nice today and it was calm as can be.