Aziscohos North Trail

Aziscohos North Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Andover, ME that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A very pleasant moderate hike. Mtn elevation 3180. This has beautiful view of Richardson Lake and various landmarks. You can see Azizcohos from the Height of Land on Route 17, just look west.

With thunderstorms close by and sets of heavy rain rolling through our group of 7 paced and took it slow with these conditions. Was well worth it after hitting the summit and taking in the views. Cant wait to climb it in dry conditions.

Great hike - well blazed trail once you find the trailhead, I was a little concerned about that as I had read there were some clearcut areas and logging roads that we would cross and was afraid we would get onto the wrong path. Trail is very steep more so than the imp face trail and there is some hand over hand required occasionally. The summit is very rewarding with excellent views of many lakes, and mountains. Apparently you can see into Canada, and Vermont from the summit, wish I had brought some topo maps to identify some of the features.