Androscoggin Riverlands

Androscoggin Riverlands is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Turner, ME that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail with dogs.

Great geocaching and hiking. Some areas good for the dog being off leash. Bring bug spray!

Nice trails, beautiful views. I hiked with my three young children and they had a great time. We are active hikers but it was an easy trail to navigate, a good mix of worn paths and rocks/roots. My kids enjoyed those. Lots of ATVs on the main road but otherwise a nice hike, we will def be back to hike it again!

Everything starts from one multi-purpose trail. There are a few smaller designated hiking trails that branch off from this. The homestead (.9 Miles) and Porcupine trail (1.5 Miles) both lead to the meadow picnic area which has good views of the river. It really stuck out here that people really don't care much about others in the park. Leash your dogs! Dogs are allowed here, but not without a leash.

Very nice place with 2 entrances. North entrance has a nice large parking lot while the Southern entrance only has space for about 6 vehicles. If you go there you may want to wear a hat and mosquito net if hiking. If on a 4 wheeler you may not need it but I always wear one as well as long pants and long sleeved shirt, just sayin'. I have done most of the North end and find it fairly neat but the Southern end when I was there needed some trail maintenance. Hunting is allowed in there so hiker be aware.