Acadia Mountain Trail

Acadia Mountain Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mount Desert, ME that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice, short end-of-day hike. Views are great from the top. Would probably rate this more as moderate, just because of the steps. But good family hike.

Great loop hike with nice views. Good for all skill levels and easy to follow.

Very well maintained trail. Excellent trail markers. Great views. Dog friendly- we brought our German Shepherd and it was a great hike for all of us.

Amazing!

As an avid hiker and lover of Acadia hikes (rock scrambles) I really enjoyed this hike though I would suggest anyone who is not good at Rock scrambles do this trail as an "out and back" from the west side (parking lot) the east slope has some _difficult_ down climbs for the inexperienced. Doing a loop counter clock wise would be better as it's easier to get up the hard spots then it is down. I very much enjoy this kind of "climbing" but others who are timid may not. We also brought our 85# male greyhound with us and though we managed it, he didn't enjoy it, (He is a strong 4-5 mile hiker). Dogs that do this part of the trail should be agile and strong. Going down some of the rock ledges can be quite technical for them.

As new to Maine and not used to any trail with "Mountain" in the title I was a little hesitant. But this trail was recommended by a coworker and was very nice. I would recommend it to anyone!
(There was trail maintenance going on, which added a detour and about a half an extra mile!)

A good easy trail for adults and kids

It was a nice hike with the whole family. Access is good. Parking was tricky. The trail was not crowded at all. I guess people tend to focus on some of the more high profile trails on the island. We had a great time. if you have young hikers in your group, bring a lot of water with you.