White Tail Trail

DIFFICULTY 3 reviews

White Tail Trail is a 6 mile loop trail located near Homer, LA that features a lake. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing.

6.0 miles Loop

canoeing

We camped and hiked while in Claiborne. It was enjoyable but cold!! The scenery was beautiful. We saw a few deer while on the trail and the campsite was awesome! We will definitely go back!

It's a very pretty trail- but not well marked. Trails not maintained and not marked. Still beautiful hike, wished it didn't mix with frisbee golf so much.

Great trail. Challenging especially if you live in cotton country like me. Trail was very well marked the majority of the time. I found it to be more challenging than the trails at Lake D'arbonne State Park. I only gave it 4 stars since this is my first time to rate a trail and not sure really what the criteria is for a 5 star rating but it was a nice walk. I walked the trail with my little dog in about 2 hours, 15 minutes but we also added the scenic overlook loop when I got near the cabins. I'm a pretty fast walker so moved fairly quicked and didn't take a rest break but I did pass several benches and a picnic table area while hiking so you could take a break if you wanted to. Very nice park. $2/admission fee (I bought a state park pass). They were so helpful, the lady in the office gave me a trail guide and the park interpreter came out and gave me some hiking suggestions. I did have to backtrack one time because the hiking trail intersects with a bike trail, a pipeline and another trail all at one time and that would be the one time I didn't find the trail to be as well marked as I had noticed previously but it wasn't hard to figure out. It was at this point I also noticed there is a disc golf course set up near part of the trail. I look forward to going back and combining other trails with this one. Great afternoon hike! Bonus we saw two deer but the dog having never seen deer before went ballistic so I couldn't get a picture.