Tunica Hills C Trail

Tunica Hills C Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near St Francisville, LA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from November until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took about 3 hours. Well marked with orange blazes. About 1 mile in north along a stream (feet may get wet) then an arrow (easy to miss) points to the right back into the forest for about a mile to the east, and then back south along an atv trail and along the road back to the trailhead.

Great for a day-hike! The first part of the trail follows an old road bed and then takes a sharp right into the woods. You drop down pretty fast into a creek bed that was dry in November. Lots of debris makes getting through this section slow going. Watch for the orange arrow as the trail turns back into the woods. After a good climb you stay fairly level for the rest of the trail. I would rate this trail as moderate due to a few steep descents that may give some hikers trouble.

Unexpected, being from out of state. I would put this trail as easy/moderate. There was a lot of trash and dumping around the park. Very indicative of Louisana. Once you realize that's typical of the people and outdoors, you move on. Someone with age or height problems might need a hiking stick. It's not rock climbing or extreme. Not sure why it's labeled as "hard."

Tunica Hills is a great hike! Lots of beautiful trees and a river bed. The only downfall was that parking was hard to find and there weren't any maps of the trails. However, trails were clearly marked as you were walking.

Beautiful trail for the location, and very easy trail which is great for walking with your dog or with your friends. I was honestly amazed to see such hills only an hour from Baton Rouge.

An extremely easy trail to hike. Very clearly marked and well kept. Wouldn't necessarily recommend if you are looking for an adventure, but not a bad trail for beginners.

Great trail. Definitely for more skilled hikers and for someone in shape! Brought my 15 week old pit puppy and she hung in there. If we would have went any further she probably wouldn't have made it. The reason I'm giving it 3 stars is because the ticks were so bad we had to turn around and leave. I picked 5 off of my dog in the trail. when we got back to the truck she had at least 15 on her. Me and my boyfriend then stripped and found a lot on us! Just be careful!

My first hike in Louisiana! Having very little experience hiking, I'd like to say this was a great success. The trail is clearly marked the for the duration of the hike. Parts of it were tricky, but maybe that's just me being a beginner! There were lots of ticks around. Maybe something to look out for. I finished the 4.2 miles in 1:44:41.