Sugar Cane Trail

Sugar Cane Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Minden, Louisiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Very fun and easy trail. Will be coming back in the summer time!

Very long

Ran a 10K on the Sugar Cane Trail and enjoyed every minute of it! Beautiful scenery and a few good climbs/descents to keep it interesting.

Beware of ticks in the summer time. Great place to hike.

For a short, beautiful hike I suggest crossing the long dam that separates the two lakes and hitting up the trail to the right labeled "Lost Woman." It's a BMX trail but it winds along a creek with mostly open woods surrounding you. The rest of sugar cane trail is recently thinned pine timber that while beautiful, it's a lot of walking through the same old tall pine trees. I will be coming back to this place this summer with my paddle board!

1st time on this trail. Easy hike carrying a 30 lb pack just to up the work load. Clearly marked. Pretty views. Lots of shade.

This trail was fine the two times I have completed. Have not done the back loop which can be seen on topographical maps. The camping at beavers dam is good and is well worth the ten dollars. I would suggest dispersed camping for the adventurers, but it gets hairy with park hosts who are ignorant to the pertinent laws. Don't let that stop you. This place is beautiful and well preserved.

PS: I met an amazing AT thruhiker here. He was light and interactive :) we will remain friends.

SO MANY TICKS. So very, very many ticks. Otherwise, a great loooong trail. For the most part, it's well-kept, but one part that seems like it's usually boggy was totally washed out, and we ended up off the trail, then having to walk through serious mud to get back to it. There's also a big, branchy tree down around the midway point. It seems like it's been there a while. The trail is flat and generally very easy. We saw a pretty big snake on the dam. Again, though, TICKS. My husband and I ended up with at least ten each, crawling up our socks and legs. We had to give our dog a tick bath, and we're still finding them in our house. We sprayed Deep Woods OFF before we started, and it didn't help.

This was a beautiful trail with many changes in scenery. My favorite part was walking by the lake. Easy to follow- saw a snake!

nice trail few wash out from recent rains but beautiful day and great trail.

My dog and I really like this trail. It's easy to follow and peaceful.

Good!!!

Good !!!

My daughter and I had a fun February day. The trail is mostly shaded and makes a loop around the lake. We brought our dog and she loved it as well. It's very well marked, frequently traveled, and an easy hike. We saw several other hikers and a couple of mountain bikers - it was not at all crowded. We brought only 1 bottle of water each but should have brought two. If you live near or happen to be in the area it's worth the time.

Great trial, marked well and maintained well. Some loops off the trail added some greater degrees of difficulty.