St. Matthius Church Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

St. Matthius Church Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Shreveport, LA that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

PLEASE NOTE: this trail is on private land and the bank that owns the property has stated that anyone found on the trails will be trespassing and violating the law.

Went to ride on 11/4/2016 to see a sign stating the following :
TRAIL CLOSED !
( church not responsible for trail closure property owners are. Meetings about to happen ).

This is a great trail with lots of cover. I walked this trail on a 95 degree day and really wasn't that bad with all the trees covering you.

My 2 year old and I hiked the 4 mile loop today. It was beautiful and not too hot for late July given all of the wonderful shade.

A hidden gem. Took my five year old daughter on the kids one mile loop and we had a great time. I'm looking forward to completing the larger loops. The trail is shady, which helps with the heat. Very well kept and clean. Looking forward to visiting this trail often.

My husband and I hiked this trail with our 7 month old in an ergo carrier and we loved it! The trail is very well maintained and has nice changes in elevation. Beautiful forest and shady- we will defiantly be hiking this again soon! Good job Kevin the trail keeper!

The fiancé and I really like this trail. We bring our lab and he really likes it too. It's very well maintained and peaceful when you get further into the hike. It's a great workout!

Great trail. Love coming here to hit the trails. Quick, well marked and maintained as always. A great day. Thank you.

Great trail! It is a 10 mile loop and has three clearly marked early exits for 4 or 7 mile versions. Trail drains quickly but use is discouraged within 24 hours of a heavy rain. The church has been great to let us use the parking lot. A portable toilet is even available near the trail head. They have requested that trail users park at the north end of the parking lot (not near the bell tower). Big THANK You to Kevin and the other volunteers who seem to be constantly working to maintain and improve this trail!

not good at giving reviews but it was a well maintained trail you park at the church they have a porta potty for your use people there very nice we hit the orange trail which was 10 miles I think The trails are pretty much marked but its like your just zig zagging threw the woods not one i would go back to you can hear and see the cars on the road and I220 so that kept me thrown off from nature

Very well marked trail, well maintained and easy to find.

The paths were well marked and maintained, but also super dense, narrow and winding. I was looking for a good place to try some trail running and I like that the park has a few trails of different distances. I got slowed down behind some bikers occasionally but sharing the place wasn't bad, but overall it seems like the place is most suited for mountain biking. Lots of short, deep dips in the trail that would definitely be more fun for a biker than a runner, at least!

I hiked it for the first time today. We've been in a drought so it was super dry. it's a really well planned and maintained trail. It's marked really well and a perfect blend of elevation changes and scenery. There's a mix of oak, sweetgum, pine, and hickory trees and even bamboo. I really enjoyed it! I can't wait to come back and mountain bike it. One of my favorite trails so far.

Great. Very nice, well kept nature trail. Trail well marked. Will go again.

Really well marked for the shortcut trail too. That's about 4 miles. Handy to know, which I didn't before setting out. Luckily, a nice guy on a bike stopped about the 3 mile mark and checked on me and my kid. I didn't know that it was that difficult of a trail, so be prepared for a workout, even if you only do the 4 mile route.

Very well maintained. A little citified for a hike, but very nice nonetheless.

Great trails! Shorter loop not as well marked as main trail but still gorgeous!

It was great! My daughter and I actually only went to view the layout and get a feel for it and do a little run since our time was limited, but it clearly well maintained and it has been nonstop rain for sometime. There are no clear signs of where it begins so look behind the church entering from the left side of the chain linked fence. It's hard to see so you really have to look. Once inside the entrance there are yellow tags all throughout the trail so there is no way to get lost ( perfect for me lol ). We had a wonderful time!!!