Sam Houston Jones State Park Trail

Sam Houston Jones State Park Trail is a 7.7 mile loop trail located near Lake Charles, LA and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from September until December.

Good hike at the end of October. Did 7+ miles. Forgot my spray but did not have trouble with bugs.

I've been biking on the road inside the park and its a pretty ride. I think its close to 2.5 miles one time around if you go down the side roads also. Some of the inclines are steep. not too crowded on weekdays around 10am

love the blue trail! I've done it several times Dec/Jan and the insects aren't bad. Although not a good trail for dogs due to ticks. I found 5 or so on mine. Very peaceful. Lots of birds and squirrels.

Easy trails and friendly deer.

Upper Blue trail needs to be better marked.

The trails here are great for getting deep into the woods. They can be confusing at times but overall a fun hike. We chose to hike them shortly after a rain so the bugs were absolutely horrible. So much so that we ran most of the trail due to the horseflies. I wouldn't mind going again at a different time to see if it's better.

Nice challenging trails. Good for family outings.

Nice shady well-marked trails, the water view from some parts of the trail made it exquisite, but there were way too many insects flying up in the air in some parts of the park, thankfully not in the hiking trails. I am not sure if it was just for one day, but they were nasty and we had to actually make a run back into our car. Its nice place for families, barbecue etc.