Red River National Wildlife Refuge Yellow Trail

Red River National Wildlife Refuge Yellow Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bossier City, LA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The perimeter trail goes through a variety of habitats: Swamp, forest, desert, and grasslands. The trail loops back to where you first started.

Really enjoy hiking these trails. Very easy trails to follow and hike, and very peaceful for being near the city.

Red River National Wildlife Refuge is my go-to hiking location in the Shreveport/Bossier area. My dog and I often head over there for an afternoon hike, and we always have a good time. The trails are very clearly marked, and grassy parts are mowed regularly. The route is crystal clear. The yellow trail gets a little muddy sometimes, but it's never been so bad that I've gotten my feet wet. There are two options: one through a sort of field, and the other along the trees by the river. The yellow trail joins the orange trail in a huge area filled with chickasaw plums and loops back to the interpretive building.