Red River Orange Trail

Red River Orange Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bossier City, LA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We were a bit confused by the names of the trails on this app. It might have just been me or maybe they swapped colors on the map. The length of the trails didn't match the colors on the map they had available.

Either way it was BEAUTIFUL. We just loves it. My kids had a great time and saw a lot of neat thins. Another thing I thought is mentioned is the facility itself. The bathrooms were nice and clean and there were stations inside displayed the many different parts of wildlife in and around the Red River. It was fun and educational!

Really enjoy hiking these trails. Very easy trails to follow and hike, and very peaceful especially for being near the city.

The orange trail is great for a super-easy afternoon hike. My dog and I often take this route, especially this time of year when the yellow trail gets a little muddy. There's a really neat chickasaw plum forest-of-sorts through the middle of it, where the ground is sandy. There are (quickly decaying) signposts marking various types of trees. It's almost perfectly flat, and grassy parts are mowed regularly, though you should keep an eye out for snakes since it's so close to the river.