John Slidell Park Trail

John Slidell Park Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Slidell, LA that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

I was looking for a place to take my son on a singletrack local to Slidell, and saw this location on AllTrails. If you start near the playground, and peddle on the paved path, just jump in on the dirt path on your right. There are two segments- a smaller leg before a bridge, and a slightly longer leg immediately to the left after the bridge. The pros: It's a singletrack in Slidell! It also had more terrain than I would have expected for the area, and some small fun spots where you can get some speed or air, with a log or two thrown in. We gave way to one set of hikers, with no one else using the trail. The cons: It's a very short ride, and is really an out-and-back that connects to a paved trail you can ride back to the beginning. However, with so few people actually using the trail, you could simply turn around and ride it each direction several times, which is what we did. If you need a fix that is in Slidell, this is better than nothing! It is definitely a beginner, shared-use trail.

The park trial is not easily identified. I never say a sign that said trial starts here, I just happen to see people walking in the woods. Also there is no clear trial markings, I just kept follow the trail and something didn't seem rigjt so I asked someone and she said I had walked out of the park and was headed for Gause Rd.!!

I came back another day to go the other way to make sure I don't do that again and to stay on the trail well after a few minutes I was at the playground and the trial stopped at the parking lot. HOW IS THIS A LOOP!!

Rather disappointing when I was hoping to get in a nice hike.

went to check this little trail,the only thing I didnt like is that the whole time you walking you hear cars passing by from interstate

My husband and I both love the changes that were made to the trail. The only downfall is no mile markers, but other than that, its an excellent place to take a daily walk!

Hidden gem in Slidell. Good trail. Great hills for being in south Louisiana.