Monkey Trail

Monkey Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Keithville, LA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Still trying to figure out my blister issue, but got in about a 7 mile loop. Some hiking trail, some bike trail, some horseback trail. Really enjoyed it.

Going back to finish what a blister cut short. Really liked the trail.

Was a good clean trail . Follow the red markers for biking .

We love this trail always well maintained and somethings we can even hear the Monkeys at Chimp Haven. My boys like it along with our two dogs.

nice trail!

Ride CCW. The more technical section is in the last mile or so of the loop. Lots of fun. One of the better trails around.

Very well maintained every time we go. Nice easy nature trail.

This trail made me feel like I was in Planet of the Apes! It is so awesome to hear the chimps in the background. It is challenging at times with all the ups and downs but that's the fun part of hiking. We got lost halfway through and followed the horse trail but it was still fun. It's great and worth the time!

We had a great time. Trails were challenging at times. They were well maintained. The bathroom facilities were nice and clean

Very good trails, some ups and downs, clean walking with easily marked trails

The trail as shown on the above map is 8 miles - not 5.5 miles. As others have mentioned, the trail markers are random and confusing. Other than that, it was a well balanced trail with different terrain and some beautiful scenery. Took us just under 3 hours to complete. Happy trails!

Trail itself has a beautiful setting/scene, but I was frustrated by how haphazard some of the markers seemed. At about mile 4, the signs for hiking seemed to disappear entirely; after that, it the the main horse trail with the occasional path marked for bikers. The fact that the horse trail is NOT one way made the trail even more confusing. Ended up getting lost and following the horse trail until I hit the gravel road.

I tried to get the directions for this but it won't pull it up for me no address or anything if anyone could help me please message me on my Facebook Angela Richard White thanks so much !

Beautiful area but the trails are marked what appears to be random. you come to a lot of forks in the trails that are not marked. came across a guy bow hunting...that was interesting

Trail is well maintained and is definitely a workout either hiking or biking. I usually follow the red markers, which are more challenging, until I get tired and then hike the green ones. Bring plenty of water!

Trail was well maintained but some trail markers were a little confusing. Definitely a good workout lots of elevation changes especially for Louisiana and the trail was mostly shaded.

Great trail but I wish there was a map at the

Great trail. Shaded and lots of trail markings but wish they had a map at the trailhead