Hooper Road Park

Hooper Road Park is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, LA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Watch out for missing or knocked over trail markers. Enjoyable trail just needs some maintenance

Awesome trail. Flat and swampy, not strenuous. Wildlife. Beautiful and seemingly remote even though in the middle of the city and well maintained! Moderately marked. Didn't see a gator but could see some being back there!

About 3.5 mi worth of moderate trail one way. Shady and fun. Dog friendly. Loads of bugs and spider webs.

Walk most of the trail the other day and over all its a nice walk with some good scenes. Seen some wild life. Seen 2 cotton mouths and a gator. Def will be back to walk the whole trail sometime soon.

The kind of place that really takes you away from the city for awhile. We followed the biking trail but found it to be a great hike, leisurely and nothing too challenging. We made some shortcuts through the trail because the sun was starting to set, but took us about two hours to go 4 miles, taking our time. You have a lot of different options and things to see though. Very kept up.

I just recently ran an organized trail race encompassing the entire hooper rd and comite trail system (13.1 miles.) I can't say enough about it. You'll forget that you're in Baton Rouge for sure. I highly recommend these trails to any trail runner

We hiked this in May 2013 with our kids, 5 and 7. We were celebrating our 7- year old going into complete remission from leukemia! We didn't realize it was a look that had no choice but to finish. It is also primarily a bike trail. Regardless, this was an excellent trail. It was a little hard at the end for our son-the cancer survivor, so I carried him, but our 5-year old ran a lot of it.

Just got back from taking the dogs out on these trails. If your hiking wear proper shoes as it does get a bit mucky in some areas. Gorgeous setting, nicely maintained paths and great variety of elevations and difficulty. The dogs had a ball and Mom got a perfect work out.

Really nice trail in the Baton Rouge area. If you are a beginner they have trails for you...they also have trails that are geared toward the expert level. follow the map and you should be fine.

There are a lot of bail out trails as well so if you just want to get a few miles and that will work to.

If you wanted to you could ride from here to the comite trails. Look for the comite connection at the power line trail section.

last time I was out here it was too
muddy to ride the whole trail.... I'm glad I tried it again because it's worth it.

How late is it open

Pretty decent trails, just avoid going after rainy weather. The experience was more swamp running than trail running but still had a great time and a solid workout.

Great trail to hike with the dog. Just watch out for bikers...didn't always get a lot of warning when they were around.

Awesome day hike for myself and the dog. Bring bug spray and listen for bikers!

Was here in February. Looks like a great trail to ride... But noddy in areas and hard to folly the trail through some parts. Has some good climbing an drops too. Overall a good ride for BR. But make sure it's been dry. And bring inspect repellant.

Great trail for Baton Rouge area.

My husband and I take our dog hiking here and love it!

Just got back into riding, Hooper road is a great place to ride! Hit it yesterday for 15 miles and felt great! Needs a little upkeep on the over growth but all in all I'm very impressed by the trials! Next I will hit the comite and see just how technical it is! I'm looking for experienced rides to ride with so if your looking for a experienced rider that can handle his own please feel free to let me know!

Hooper trails are great for a challenge, not a trail that's ridden too much though. You can take a connection trail on over to the comite trails, which are pretty technical and quite a bit of things to jump also. Fun trails that are maintained by local riders. If you are new to these trails, make sure to wear a helmet and be cautious of other riders who can sneak up from behind you faster than you would think! And please leave the kids at home unless they realize who to get out of the way, fast