Hooper Road Park

Hooper Road Park is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I gave this three stars due to the amount of trash on the trail and the poor marking. We ended up hiking the bike trail because the signs were not marked well. Our 5 and 6 year old boys hiked 5 miles without any problems so it would probably be a god trail for children or starters!

it's interesting to know there is a swamp in the middle of the city. i grew up here and i never knew it until i checked all trails app. what the hell did i know that! so i took my kids along hoping we would find a gator or two. no. but we saw two snakes and a heron. bucket list checked off before we are heading out back home in austin. happy holidays

I saw a 12 foot gator!!!!

Watch out for missing or knocked over trail markers. Enjoyable trail just needs some maintenance

Awesome trail. Flat and swampy, not strenuous. Wildlife. Beautiful and seemingly remote even though in the middle of the city and well maintained! Moderately marked. Didn't see a gator but could see some being back there!

About 3.5 mi worth of moderate trail one way. Shady and fun. Dog friendly. Loads of bugs and spider webs.

Walk most of the trail the other day and over all its a nice walk with some good scenes. Seen some wild life. Seen 2 cotton mouths and a gator. Def will be back to walk the whole trail sometime soon.

The kind of place that really takes you away from the city for awhile. We followed the biking trail but found it to be a great hike, leisurely and nothing too challenging. We made some shortcuts through the trail because the sun was starting to set, but took us about two hours to go 4 miles, taking our time. You have a lot of different options and things to see though. Very kept up.

I just recently ran an organized trail race encompassing the entire hooper rd and comite trail system (13.1 miles.) I can't say enough about it. You'll forget that you're in Baton Rouge for sure. I highly recommend these trails to any trail runner

We hiked this in May 2013 with our kids, 5 and 7. We were celebrating our 7- year old going into complete remission from leukemia! We didn't realize it was a look that had no choice but to finish. It is also primarily a bike trail. Regardless, this was an excellent trail. It was a little hard at the end for our son-the cancer survivor, so I carried him, but our 5-year old ran a lot of it.

Just got back from taking the dogs out on these trails. If your hiking wear proper shoes as it does get a bit mucky in some areas. Gorgeous setting, nicely maintained paths and great variety of elevations and difficulty. The dogs had a ball and Mom got a perfect work out.

Really nice trail in the Baton Rouge area. If you are a beginner they have trails for you...they also have trails that are geared toward the expert level. follow the map and you should be fine.

There are a lot of bail out trails as well so if you just want to get a few miles and that will work to.

If you wanted to you could ride from here to the comite trails. Look for the comite connection at the power line trail section.

last time I was out here it was too
muddy to ride the whole trail.... I'm glad I tried it again because it's worth it.

How late is it open