Fontainbleau State Park

Fontainbleau State Park is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mandeville, LA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

sea kayaking

Cane Bayou is the perfect bayou for anyone looking to get off the beaten path when in New Orleans. Just an hour north of New Orleans, Cane Bayou takes you through the brackish marsh with lots of good fishing holes, straight to the salt water of Lake Pontchartrain. Birders will love the Osprey and Horned Owl's nests. Nature lovers will enjoy seeing alligators in their natural habitat. Rent a kayak and get some bait from Bayou Adventure in Lacombe and you'll be set for the day! If you want to do one of the many land trails in this vicinity, you can rent bikes from Bayou Adventure also.

Went a while back, I usually hike at tunica so this was very different. I felt like I could've done this in the woods behind my house. It wasn't the worst trail but def not the best. Very overgrown, kind of run down. Make sure you bring bug spray! Great if you are preparing for a big hike.

The trails were nice, a bit overgrown so I wish I had worn pants or tall socks and shoes. Saw one snake but it was gone as quick as it came. There was a tree down blocking the trail into the deepest part of the woods so I wasn't apply to hike the whole thing. I'll definitely be back but when the heat isn't so bad and all the creepy crawlies aren't out.

Very muddy this go. Also there was a massive swarm of bees about 1 mile in on the Bayou Cane Trail. So large I heard them before I saw them. Please beware

Did the shorter Sugar Mill Trail due to the 90 degree weather. Looks like they are rebuilding the Alligator Marsh Boardwalk!

The trail is a very easy loop. The board walk is no longer there, I never had the chance to see it. If you follow the paved road the the lake, there is a small beach, and a pier. It was only a few dollars to get in.

very nice and easy. great for kids. love how all of the trees and such are labeled. the Oaks are amazing and we always enjoy having a picnic there.

Great park. Camping is good (can be loud on weekends). Tiny beach is a nice spot to relax and bring a cooler, although I wouldn't swim in the water. I would skip the hiking trails altogether. They are not kept up well and were kind of ruined since Katrina (although they may have fixed them within the last year or so). The Tammany Trace bike trail crosses through park. Def a nice day trip.

Nice trail. Brought my dog and hiked about 3.5 miles. We then went to the beach area and hiked around there. Seems like a good place to bring your kids. I look forward to going back and camping.

Nice trails. Probably would be better for a winter or late fall hike.

Brought all my friends and we went camping!

came here with my dog and was very beautiful. came across a beach that my x -boyfriend rode to on motorcycle by accident and was a nice place to reflect on the memories. thanks ed for the best memories.

I really enjoyed the trail :) saw alligators, snakes, turtles, frogs, swamp rabbit and lots of huge crickets.

scenic driving

Not a bad trail but parts were very muddy and we had not had rain in several days. Had to go off trail several times but that was the most fun. Not as good for my little ones. Trail needs some work but great potential. Saw two snakes crossing our path.

This is a very nice place for a day trip, but keep these things in mind. The restroom in the visitors building may not always be unlocked, some of the trails have mud (there needs to be boardwalks), some of the boardwalks need to be repaired and there are no mile markers any where. The Oak tress are amazing!!

Gorgeous hike. The state park is beautiful with plenty of wildlife and landmarks to see. I went down the Bayou Cane trail which got really close to the lake. Was a little disappointed to find one of the platforms going out on the lake was busted, but it was still very senic. There are plenty of old trees with Spanish Moss hanging from the limbs making this a very picturesque trail. Will definitely going back to Fontainbleau to go down the other trails.

The good news is the $1 entry fee is well worth the price. The trail is really in disrepair and if anyone knows of a community group working to improve it please reply. I might not think it is much but that is wear and tear not disrespect for the area. Would like to help improve it. Beautiful landscape, wide trails, and lots of distance to cover. Just would like to see some more mile markers and some of the elevated areas repaired (the boardwalk and small bridges). It is in a bayou area so when it is wet it is really wet.

I enjoy a more challenging hike vs. a simple nature walk, but Fountainbleu was still serene and enjoyable. There is some deep & unavoidable mud after recent rain. Good for birdwatching; I wished I'd taken a book on local birds. The boardwalk on the marsh was destroyed by a hurricane & hasn't been rebuilt, which was disappointing, but the marsh was still really pretty from the available vantage point. Saw lots of families & kids out walking. Would be nice & easy to bike or run, as long as it was semi-dry.