Driskill Mountain Trail

Driskill Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bienville, Louisiana that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Awesome place to kill an hour or so. Seen a statue in a tree that I will post picture of, share your photos of him as well if you find him on the blue dot trail.

Try and find a statue in a tree on the blue trail

Nice little hike to Louisiana's highest point! The only complaint is the trail markings. Though the trail is somewhat marked, it could be a little better. Great 20-40 minute round trip hike (includes time at peak).

Yep, it's a pretty walk in the woods. Don't follow the blue blazes though. That trail is crooked and narrow and leads to nowhere except a false hilltop. Follow the wide and straight path and it will lead you to the right mountain top.

Super-short trail through the woods. There are actually two options - one VERY clear path and the other marked by clear blue blazes on the trees. My husband, my dog and I had a great time! There was a tiny bit of mud in a couple places, but they were easy to get around without getting our feet wet.

It was nice but very short

Hiked this trail on 3/17/2016 Nothing to it ..Unless your in the area or just want to say you've been to the highest point in LA I would not suggest this trail.All you need is a bottle of water cause b4 you know it your at the top and back down. Although it would be nice to take a picnic, and sit on the bench and watch the sunset or sunrise. You park at the church, walk down the oilfield road and you will see a sign on which way to go...

Fun for the grandsons !!!!

It's ok. I was at the top before I knew it...so it's not too long.

Easy hike up to the top. I took my day pack but could have settled for just a bottle of water. I followed the blue blazes up the false mountain and then followed the main trail back down. it's a nice hike if you're in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. Small but good view at the overlook. would be a good hike to introduce kids to hiking.

Trail was clear looks like there are more trails. Wasn't prepared to do any exploring will go back and see where the trails lead

Very easy well maintained trail to the highpoint. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area, though I probably wouldn't do it again until winter (too many spiders, and I'm sure more bugs during the hot humid day). Nothing spectacular at the top (there is a bench, sign board, and a notebook to sign), though there is an overlook that I did not visit.

The trail is as follows:
Park at the church (Google Maps lists it as Driskill Church off LA507). There is an arrow pointing north up a private road.
Head up the road and after about .25 miles, on the left is a sign pointing towards the actual trail.
Follow the path and/or arrows to the top. (To visit the false peak, there is some overgrowth as the trail is not maintained).
To return, simply follow the same path down.

Took my kids on the hike up Louisiana's highest peak in the Fall of the year. It was nice and cool and the view of the trees from the top (although small) was really unique for our typical landscape views. My teenage kids found a letter written to a deceased Father from his wife about their life together and left on the trail. She wrote about how she goes there to feel close to him since he enjoyed the place so much. Although bizarre, it added to the adventure of our outing.