Bogue Chitto State Park Gorge Run Trail

Bogue Chitto State Park Gorge Run Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Franklinton, LA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Bogue Chitto State Park Main Loop is a 7.0 mile trail located near Franklinton, Louisiana. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

It was OK, but there were a lot of closed off areas and the trail was not very well marked. I had to use my maps program on my phone on multiple occasions, or else I would not have known where the trail went next. It was kind of overgrown in several spots. If it would've been well marked and maintained, it would've been a beautiful hike.

Had a great time, only passed through one small creek and it rained the day before. Trail very well maintained. Saw a few squirrels and snakes. Overall great experience

Beautiful hidden gem in Louisiana. The trail is well marked and mostly shaded so even a mid-August hike is bearable. The gorge area is nice and easy to access. There are also multiple outlooks on the Bogue Chitto River. Definitely worth it!

Extremely quite park. Love the trails. Dog friendly and over all kid friendly. Plenty of hills. We love the gorge

Very nice park and trails. Well maintained with some nice hills. Part of the park has a beach and a kids splash area which can be a little noisy at times. I went yesterday and hardly anybody was there and the whole park was quiet. I saw three deer and a rabbit.

other than mosquitoes it was a fun well maintained trail.

Gorgeous hike. Trees everywhere and plenty of hills. The gorge was beautiful and the scenery at the bottom was fantastic with streams and a small swamp. Saw four armadillos and one rabbit and a lot of squirrels. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a moderate hike in Louisiana. It's the only trail I've found that has plenty of hills. If you go fast enough you can definitely work up a sweat.

We went just after Hurricane Isaac. Much of the trail was down due to trees down. We did what we could & took a car tour of the park. We camped 3 nights. It rained most of the time. It was a nice stay & the camp attendants lived on the camp grounds. They were all working very hard around there so we started gathering blown trash & branches for our campfire. The trail we saw was moderate. Hard to say how it all was because of the downed trees. Teams out there were clearing at the time & we could not go close to work areas. I must say the rangers are very hard working. My complaint was the sand tents had to camp on. Ants were not welcoming. Though the crew there did come to help in the situation.