Bayou Segnette State Park Hiking Trail

Bayou Segnette State Park Hiking Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Westwego, LA. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Not a hiking park. Just a picnic area, it has a wave pool that cost an extra 8-10$ and that looked cool. But other than being a boat launch and wave pool it's a waste for 2$ to go hiking because I didn't find any trails just paved roads around the picnic areas. I took my dogs and they basically relieved themselves and we left.

Short trails. Nothing spectacular.

This trail is a very short boardwalk loop in the wetland. It is a good location for birdwatchers, however the experience is spoiled by the noise from the road.

I live less than 5 miles from this park. It has 3 small trails that run together so you can go as far as you want. 1. WildCat 2. Westwego 3. Racoon Run. To do all 3 straight is 1.8 miles. To come back you have a choice of half road or double back. There is also a levee you can walk on. You enter where they launch boats and walk about 2 miles. Of course you have to walk back. Both of these trips are easy. I love the levee part where the camps were at one time before Hurricane Katrina took them down. You can find a nice spot to sit & watch wildlife. I love the egrets, blue heron, ducks sometimes, seagulls, & occasionally an alligator or 2. One time there was a mess of pelicans to watch.

This park is great for biking with family and friends. Traffic on the roads yes,but drivers are very cautious. Various short trails,camping,canoeing, fishing,powerboat launch,wave pool,laundrymat,kiddie playlands around park,Rv hookups. I like this park because its close by and close to shopping so we can camp,have fun and not spend a lot to travel. $1 to Enter park.

I've had longer walks through the mall parking lot. Had to wait for cars to cross streets twice during trail, the place is littered with people having parties, and you can see the street throughout most of the trail. Flat terrain, don't know how they come up with 178ft elevation change, no solitude. Kiddy trail,no challenge at all.