Yost Ridge Trail

Yost Ridge Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairdale, KY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail begins at the Welcome Center of Jefferson Memorial Forest and winds its way up a ridge to an awesome view of Louisvilles skyline. Continue on to Mitchell Hill Trail and the Horine Reservation. There is a spur trail that is under construction.

7 boy scouts and 5 adults hiked this trail. 10 miles. Senior scouts down to 1st year scouts had no trouble with this trail. Clean and well marked. Very nice.

A good hike. A few blue and yellow blazes that were confusing. I know there is a Blue trail but I can't pin point where it is? Adding other trails to Yost Ridge makes for a full day of great local hiking!

Steep but fun!

Went with my 3 and 5 year old boys. Uphill, but easy grade. We all enjoyed it!

Easy access to trail from Visitor's Center, and a gorgeous walk any time of year.

Pretty easy and enjoyable trail. I like to do this one with my sister, who has back problems, because it isn't too strenuous for her and yet it still quite fun to hike.

Excellent trail. Wasn't too strenuous, so very family friendly trail. Well marked and easy to find.

Terrific trail that is well maintained with nice elevation changes. I was perfect for me as I was on business trip and gave me a chance to do a quick one hour hike after work. Looking forward to exploring more trails within the Jefferson Memorial Forest.