Tioga Falls Hiking Trail

Tioga Falls Hiking Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Point, KY that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Wooded trail, high train trestles, 130 ft waterfall. Very nice hike through a hardwood forest. About 1/3 of a mile from the trailhead, the trail splits to form the loop. I recommend taking the left trail first, which will get the climb over with so that it is all downhill from there. This loop trail passes by 2 large train trestles that are still operational, but please stay off of the tracks. You will soon pass by an old set of stone steps, these steps lead downhill to remnents of an old spring house near the creek below. This was used as a stopping place for carriages in the 19th century. After about a mile you will come to the Tioga Falls, which is actually a series of falls, or even a cascade if the water flow is light. From top to bottom, the Falls are about 130 feet high. At this point the trail turns and loops back to the trailhead. The lower portion of the loop follows Tioga Creek, for approximately 1/2 mile. The trail soon reconnects, leading back to the parking area.

awesome trail.... can't wait to try it on the first snow.

a very nice hike and was pretty. pretty easy too

a very nice hike pretty and very easy

Our first Kentucky hike. We thoroughly enjoyed the walk back to the falls. Agree with all the reviews that it's fairly steep and rocky. We were glad we had our trekking poles. The label of moderate is accurate. I really do wish I'd taken a trash bag; unbelievable the amount of trash that people throw --Shameful!!!
Well marked and easy to find.

Up the trail and to the falls is great. Once to the top you may wonder why
it’s called a looped trail. I talked to a local (I’m from Indianapolis)
and she said that the trail does continue but hasn’t been maintained in
years. She added that if I continue on to stick to the creekbed. Most of
the way I walked in the creekbed. However, at one point my leg got stuck
in sand with water up to my knee. I thought my shoe might get sucked off
pulling out my leg. Most of the way the creekbed is easily passable. At
times ground is easily passable. Only several times was it difficult to
pass either way and I’m not someone that avoids a challenge.

Eventually you’ll pass underneath the railroad tracks that you initially
crossed to get to the Falls. It’s at that point that I suggest you
continue your walk on dry land. It doesn’t mean go back up to the train
tracks (which would be difficult), just get out of the water. Not long
after you’ll come to a road that, if you take a right, will take you back
to the parking lot.

Take some mosquito repellant with you if you continue on past the falls.

It is in and back, no loop that I could find. Wear good shoes as the rocky footing is tricky at times. The water was low, but still beautiful. Would definitely do this hike again..and maybe next time pick up those damn cig butts some left on the trail. Will bring trash bag next time. Felt safe to do this hike alone with my dog, only saw one other person on the path.

The scenery was beautiful n would love to hike it again but w/o my Yorkie-poo..the trail was too much for her little body.

The view didn't change much. The waterfall was beautiful. Was able to set up a hammock and relax. Quick & easy (:

It's was a good experience that's close to home. I always hiked farther out about 2 hours this is a cool place.

Very rocky and lots of uphill action but the waterfall at the end is worth the journey! I wouldn't bring my dog but she is spoiled and kinda old ;-) oh! And the view from the railroad track is absolutely spectacular!!

A pleasure! Keeps you on your toes with rocky terrain. Hiked it after a hard rain and the falls where sweet.

uphill n mostly rocky n fall wasn't hardly going. but i enjoyed the nature walk. seen deer, frogs, etc..

Falls were great

the trail was kept free from debris The Falls were absolutely beautiful

Not bad, a lot of rocks and ruts. No more looping track. Just over two miles total and the falls are not very interesting.