Three Bridges Trail

Three Bridges Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Olive Hill, KY that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

Three Bridges Trail is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Olive Hill, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Loved it. Beautiful views.

I took my dog on this trail this morning and it was very pretty. Fern bridge was beautiful. Carter Caves has a lot of parking and the employees at the welcome center were very friendly.

Absolutely gorgeous. Raven bridge is a bit disappointing, but the other two will not disappoint. Took our chocolate lab for the hike and he had a great time

Great hike!

Loooong!

This trail is not what I'd refer to as Easy. Some truly daunting areas and the Fern bridge is in disrepair. The difficulty makes it the almost perfect trail. Beginning is a bit boring but once you get through it the rest is worth the wait.

We did this as a family hike and it was great! We are introducing hiking to the kids as a family activity. This was a great trail because there was so much to see. It was a bit much for our 5 year old, so he rode in his lilebaby carryon for about 1/3 of the trail to rest his legs. Be prepared for lots of hills and like the previous reviewer said, pack a lunch. It took us about 4 hours with lots of stops and lunch. This trail is way too pretty to chug through without stopping to enjoy the scenery. The trail was very well marked and east to follow.

Absolutely breathtaking scenery, and some moderately difficult bits. Deviating from the trail to climb the muddy hillside for an up close view of Raven Bridge was worthwhile. We got a little confused and thought we missed Smoky Bridge somehow (it is verging on impossible to miss) so we backtracked a quarter mile or so and extended our hike. Very rewarding and worthwhile trail, and it is well-marked.

I wouldn't call it easy, but it is a short good hike. The trail has rough spots so it maybe difficult for some people. Very beautiful.

Great trail! Not too difficult but not too easy either. The three bridges were awesome to see along with the lake, which is really pretty as well. You also get to see some caves on this trail.

One of the best short trails you can find In my opinion, tons of rock formation good hills, trickling waterfalls, caves and a large lake this pretty much has it all.

Great hike and so much to see. We saws lots of wildlife and rock formations.Fern Bridge was frozen and slippery in mid Feb. One of my favorites at Carter Caves.

Great trail! Not to difficult. The tree bridges were fantastic to see. Well worth the time!

Absolutely beautiful trail!

Fantastic hike! I really enjoyed it, but I would suggest bringing the packed lunch WITH you. I left mine in the car thinking it wouldn't take too long but their was SOO much to explore it took twice as long as I had initially expected. Luckily I just dropped off at the lodge which is nicely nested close to the trail and got a drink from the water fountain. At any rate it was great, I did get lost a few times, going places I probably wasn't supposed to because I lost sign of the markers on the trees and with it being February the trail is hard to find amongst the rest of the woods (its all patted down and looks like a trail.).

This is my favorite trail at Carter Caves! I have hiked this trail many, many times since I was a little girl, and it just never gets old. This trail by fair has the most "landmarks," which include the "three bridges" - Smokey Bridge, Raven Bridge and Fern Bridge. You go to the left toward Fern or to the right uphill toward Smokey Bridge at the trail head. Each is approximately a mile from the start. This loop includes many ups and downs, and the rock formations that make up all three natural bridges are phenomenal! I love this trail, and I will continue to hike it several times a year as long as my legs work!