Shanty Hollow Lake Trail

Shanty Hollow Lake Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bowling Green, KY that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

rock climbing

whitewater kayaking

Shanty Hollow Lake is a 1.1 mile out and back trail located near Bowling Green, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. A great trail for native KY plants. After rainfall, the trail can become quite muddy and occasionally flooded in parts. The trail is not very well maintained, but this isn't hard to overcome. You may come across the occasional fallen tree or overgrown bush. Usually very peaceful with little traffic.

Good little hike. I hike it at about 4 mph a couple times a month. It would be nice if the trail was better marked, until you've walked it a couple times it's easy to get off on popular offshoots. Leaves are awful right now, very hard to get steady footing on the rocks.

Didn't catch any fish so decided to hike. The hike was nice but the trash was gross. I always carry a bag to carry out trash, this was the most I've ever had to pick up. Mostly at the beginning. Obviously a hangout for slobby people.

Wish the path was better marked but loved the waterfall!

Was fun but first time we went and took wrong path and almost fell off a rock 8ft and would have died... But besides that it is a lot of fun I would go again!!

Close to home and my go to for a quick hike with the pups. Love this place year round!

One of my favorite trails that's close to home. Started going in college and still love to go at least once a year.

Did this trail for the first time today. Overall, it's not bad. It makes for a pretty good training trail, when prepping/training for a longer more strenuous hike. Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to think it's ok to leave their trash laying around. Not excessive, but enough to notice. Overall, a decent hike, good side trails for exploring rock formations or climbing, and some nice overlooks and quiet areas to relax.

Nice little hike to a cute waterfall.

a good place for me and my friend to take r lil boys out and start them hiking

Trail was pretty easy .. Would be a great spot to take some fishing kayaks .. Very calm water .. Waterfall was pretty cool seen some Better ones, but was worth the hike !

Took the kids. Was lovely to explore with them! It's a popular spot.

Great day hike, fun for kids and hardly any people on the trail.

I've been 4 times and hiked a different route to the "waterfall" each time...definitely best right after a big rain

Awesome! One of my favorite hiking spots. Love how it has both easy and more difficult trails. I always try to pick up any trash i see, usually around the beginning of the trail. Great spot though. Beautiful throughout and the waterfall serves as a great reward at the end!

A favorite for my family. There are lots of places to.go off trail and explore, but take a plastic bag and pick up some garbage while you are there. Makes for a fun afternoon.

The hike was great! It had climbing and jumping and water crossings on trees... Did not like the trashy campers that leave there beer cans all over everything... The falls are beautiful but beware of Broken glass! Now we are off to canoe and it's beautiful : )

A fun hike for the kids with a waterfall at the end. The area needs to be cleaned up some. We took the kayaks and played in the lake afterwards.

My daughter and I hiked this trail today. It had rained earlier in the day, trail was damp but drained well. Few puddles. There is supposed to be a waterfall at the end. We didn't locate this as our travels were impeded by what seemed to be a resident or maybe vagrant and his pit bull. I know the falls are there, I've seen pictures. The trail is completely unmarked but easy to follow until the creek crossing which is where my hike ended.