Rudy Mines Trail

Rudy Mines Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Owensboro, KY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

These trails are great for hiking or mountain biking. Lots of wildlife to see as you enjoy the woods in this lesser traveled trail at Ben Hawes State Park.

More for the biking folk. Had to pull my dog over numerous times to not get run over, but it's nice wooded trail.

First time hiking Rudy Mine this past weekend. Great asset to Daviess County.

Great trail system. It is a mountain bike trail and has been worn very smooth, with lots of hills. There are several interlocking trails that are color coded. A person can choose which trail and how much distance they desire. The trail is well marked, and at many points, tells you where to go to exit the trail, for a shorter or longer hike/bike. The longest part is 6-7 miles. But it could be made to be much longer if desired.

Great biking trail! Very smooth and well maintained with a good mix of climbs and quick downhills. Not technical or overly challenging, but a very fun and fast track.
If you are walking/running LOOK OUT! These trails are blind in the summer time with vegetation and a fast moving bike will pop up without warning

Nice! I like that you can reach a distance and find to landmark that will send you back to parking lot.

Great Trail! Only found 1 tick on me, none on dogs. Hikers go one way, bikers go the other, and all of the bikers were very friendly and considerate of the hikers! We hiked 5.5 miles today but you could probably get at least 7 miles without looping if you wanted to. There are wide trails and skinny trails, but all are very well maintained!

This is a great trail! Our "go to", close to home, trail. We have only walked, hiked and ran these trails. Looking forward to getting our bikes out there. There are several trails and while they cross back and forth you still seem pretty secluded especially when the leaves are on the trees. We have seen deer, turkey, and coyote in addition to plentiful squirrels and rabbits and birds. Just be prepared, some trails have hikers/runners go in one direction and bikers (on the same trail) go in the opposite direction, depending on the day of the week. This has worked good during those days we shared the path with bikers.

This one of my favorite mountain bike trails. Rode the blue trail on 04/24/15 and it was in very good condition. There was only a couple soft areas. Trails are fast and fun and really wear me out. Trails are directional so check to make sure you are going the right direction. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, trail rides counter clockwise. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, trail rides clockwise.

I am a beginner mt. biker. first day out on the trail with a new bike. I did the 7mi trail with 3 others I met there and we're nice enough to show me around. Kicked me ass. good work out. good trails. recomend to anyone. I'm sore and tired. so it worked.