Red River Gorge: Rock Bridge Trail

Red River Gorge: Rock Bridge Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pine Ridge, KY that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and rock climbing.

rock climbing

Rock Bridge Trail is one of the most scenic trails in Red River Gorge, including the arch (the "rock bridge") for which the trail is named, and a beautiful waterfall on the way to the arch. Highlights include rich vegetation, hiking alongside a creek for much of the the trail, a natural arch that actually spans the creek at the apex of the trail, a scenic waterfall, a small clearing for picnicing, and an access point to other trails in Red River Gorge. The trail is perfect in good weather, beautiful in all weather, but can be muddy/slippery in rain and snow. Trailhead located at the end of a 3 mile gravel road.

Absolutely beautiful! One of the prettiest trails in the gorge!

Great trail for a picnic and a hike. Wonderful views, cliff hangs, a water fall and a rock bridge.

Popular and often busy hiking trail. Easy hike once you have descended into gorge. Water levels low in Summer and Fall season so Creation Falls is a dribble. Nice hike. No cliffs. See pics at http://www.instagram.com/hikingandexploring

Hiked there a few months ago in June with my boyfriend and our dogs. Really beautiful and a fun hike.

I hiked here years ago--my first real hiking trip. The entire area is gorgeous. Some of the cliff areas can be intimidating and the spelunking (which I haven't done since) is pretty intense. Overall I'd call it a do not miss experience.

We got married at Creation Falls which is on this trail! It was beautiful! It was in March and there was fresh snow and iciles hanging from certain areas! This was my first time on a trail ! I got married in a 50s dress and boots! There was ice and some slick spots, but this trail is laid out very well. We never got lost. If you want to just see the waterfall and rock bridge, I would recommend going the opposite way (if you don't want to do the whole loop). This is a very beautiful loop! Can't wait to see it again!

Same trail listed as just Rock Bridge trail.

Beautiful area. Trails well kept. A place you could return to over and over.

Great hike if you like geological sites! Easy and short, decent view from the top of the bridge. ***Not in Richmond, KY!!***

Very Scenic hike, down a ridge side. Walked it with my 6 year old daughter and Dog, and they had a blast. They especially liked walking around the corner and being surprised by a very scenic waterfall! (Creation Falls) We also saw a pack of Butterfly's (Maybe 12) all lumped together, and my Daughter thought it was the neatest thing. Well worth it to just walk the whole 1.5 mile loop. Not to challenging at all, other than the hills.

Beautiful, well manicured with great intensity for a short trail. Great for photography.