Red River Gorge End-to-End Trail

Red River Gorge End-to-End Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Slade, KY that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

rock climbing

old growth

A friend and I hiked this trail this past weekend and camped over Saturday night. 10/22-23/2016. Leaves are starting to change however next weekend should probably be a better weekend for fall foliage. Loots of woods hiking with 3 streams crossed. Only had one bluff on this hike and no arches; unless we completely missed them. A few huge rock formations and cave structures. Had a bout a mile on a gravel road with traffic and crossed a freeway by bridge road. Like I mentioned not a great trek if looking for a lot of bluff views or rock arches however fairly challenging with a couple difficult challenging. path climbs.

the description should be updates on the pet area. dogs are not allowed. signs are posted in several places so my review isn't accurate coz we weren't able to go.

Nice trail. Went after a heavy week long rain, so trails were sloppy as expected.

Awesome

geocaching

Awesome trail. The only thing is there are some parts were you have to cross streams but over all the trail is long and well worth the hike!!!

I have always been a fan of RRG it never disappoints. The views, the wildlife, and the other hikers you meet on the trail. It's a must see/hike in your lifetime

Red river gorge is a beautiful geological site. There are ton of cool natural rock arches and the red river was beautiful. Trail were moderately challenging with a lot of up and down. Camp site were hard to come by you really need to do some reaching off the trail to find something that works. All n all it was a great trip!

My brother and I did a part of this trail last year in June on a 3 day backpacking base camp hike. Make no mistake this trail is not for the faint of heart it has many twists and turns and extreme up and down grades. Saying all that Daniel Boon Forest is BEAUTIFUL there are many scenic areas like grays arch(50 foot high natural rock arch) and natural bridge. There are many areas to filter water via little creeks and the red river. Overall a very fun experience I will defiantly be going back.

as you can see i submitted a photo of a terrific hike. secured parking check , park rangers not on our jocks all the time check, view double check, price for backcountry camping check, i don't mind providing funds for natural wonders we all need to fight for

Fun hike, we use it for a warm up for our more strenuous hikes. A very day pretty hike in the fall.