Pinnacle Overlook Trail

Pinnacle Overlook Trail is a 7.8 mile out and back trail located near Middlesboro, KY and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October.

Hiked this with a group of schoolchildren- the view is worth it all!

I used to do this trail a couple of times a month when I lived in Harrogate. Its a great day hike from Iron Furnace. The last ~1 mile is the toughest part, but you get a great payoff with the view from the top.

Very beautiful overlook. I need to come back to experience it on a better day weather-wise...and so I can hike all the way up from Cumberland Gap TN below (and combine it with the Tri-State Peak Trail).

Only hiked part of this trail because we started late in the day but enjoyed it very much and plan to go back and hike the entire trail.

Me and my Girlfriend just walked this trail at 8.6 miles from Cumberland Gap to Pinnacle and around back to Cumberland Gap. It was a wonderful Hike and will do again. Some areas are steep but still was a great hike. We would definitely recommend this.

Be prepared to be amazed with the view.

Tuesday october 17 a perfect day to hike this trail with my husband Jeff and daughter Jennifer. The air was crisp and the sky sharp blue. The trail was not to steep but good exercise. I recommend a time when the leaves are wearing their full color...awesome. You can also drive to the overlook so once you get there it may be busy..but room for all. We ate our packed lunch from a rock to the side over looking the towns below.. Eagles were soaring! We detoured to Gap Cave on the way back down. a nice hike in all.

I loved this trail. The trail is well maintained and the views at the top as well as along the way are to die for. The one negative aspect is that the main overlook the trail ends at can also be accessed by car. The view from the rock formation before you get to the observation deck was definitely my favorite. Another awesome aspect is that the trail goes into three different states.